Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
Comments
by annexeddavid on ‎03-14-2012 11:55 AM

This is the only true anime 24/7 network verizon offers please do bring it back ,this channel was one of the reasons why i signed up for verizon in the first place

by Riskyshot on ‎03-14-2012 02:18 PM

Wow, I just found out about funimation going under today when it wasnt on my channel list. Absolutely ridiculous verizon. You guys really must not have a clue. There are SO many other channels out there that should have been cancelled instead. Cmon get rid of BET or at least stop playing tyler perrys that stuff is dumb

by ssteele on ‎03-14-2012 02:44 PM

BRING BACK FUNIMATION. Just like everybody else here, it was the only reason why I decided to sign up for Verizion.

by Jazz_420 on ‎03-14-2012 04:16 PM

One of the main reasons why i got verizon was because of Funimation.  I was very upset that you guys decided to cut this channel from yur lineup. Yet you have over 10 religious channels! Is that really necessary?!? And like a million  infomercial channels! I'm surprised you have room for those! It seems that all you want to do is just charge the Funimation people for a channel that we were geting for free. Thanks! Just add to the rising cost of everything!! Unfreakinbelievable!!! Thanks for also not listening to your customers!

by MeanBob on ‎03-14-2012 05:01 PM

It's been 2 days since Funimation has been "dropped" from the channel lineup. I'm still okay on my side. Is anyone else?

Verizon, please, don't do this!

by Dasmiter on ‎03-14-2012 05:16 PM

So I noticed I can no longer watch my Funimation channel. So are you bringing it back or should i start making plans to goto Comcast, or another TV company that can provide my tv channels without screwing me over? I mean seriously. Got Fios expecting to be able to watch anime. I watch that channel everyday basically and now its gone? I bet there is probably over 100 channels that arent being as watch as Funimation channel. So why take it out. EVERYONE knows that there are at least 5 useless channels that probably never get watched, and if someone is on that channel it might be by accident only to go find the channel there looking for. I really hope you guys can reconsider and bring back the funimation channel. Cause this is very upsetting. 

by angel_lucy on ‎03-14-2012 06:27 PM

I can't believe they took off my favorite channel.. this is very disappointing--this is the channel that's on most of the time in the house! This move essentially reduces the amount of things to watch on the television by about half and if my service is being reduced I believe we should be reimbursed for the loss. I seriously hope they change their minds or I'm going to have to look into other cable TV providers. 

:smileysad:

by ddurant on ‎03-14-2012 08:34 PM

Wow, they really shot it. Came home from work today and it was gone. :smileysad:

I rarely use my land line. Guess it's time to drop that and pay Funimation directly.

I'm pretty unhappy about this, Verizon. For $185/month, I expected a bit more than this "we only care about what's popular" crap.

by arp2nr on ‎03-14-2012 08:46 PM

I too got fios for the added bonus that it has the funimation channel.  We watch it every night in our home, I too can not believe that it is being dropped for low ratings.  I willmost likely DROP fios and finds another provider that carries funimation channel.

by Julz on ‎03-15-2012 03:04 AM

I can't believe they actually dropped the funimation channel. Funimation was one of the main reasons we even got fios in the first place. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools