Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
Comments
by age on ‎03-20-2012 11:15 AM

PLEASE COPY/PASTE THIS WITH YOUR OWN COMMENTS AND REPLIES SO THAT NONE WILL MISS THIS EFFECTIVE AND PROMISING SUGGESTION:

I would suggest that EVERYONE who has written on this thread and on the Funimation thread in the Share Your Ideas With Verizon board to write formal letters of complaint and email the executives of Verizon. While the forums and various websites show the massive support Funimation has on the Verizon FiOS platform, these are not effectively communicating and to a higher up, which doubtfully will be looking at this forum or any other websites, will seem as nothing but spam.

So PLEASE, write detailed messages explaining why you love anime and the Funimation Channel, what it has done for and meant to you and your friends and family. Be stern but polite; don't just flame away about home much they suck or how much you hate them. Tell them WHY you think it was a bad move for THEM, for YOU, for FUNIMATION and the anime and television industry as a whole. Let them see the overwhelming amount of civil and well thoughtout support this channel has and how much it means to you.

Write to multiple executive and write often, resending if necessary. Share the email addresses and contact information you discover with others. You can find some of the contact information we have found posted as comments and replies on the wall of https://www.facebook.com/FUNimationChannel and https://www.facebook.com/VerizonFiOS.

Until I hear more from Verizon staff on whether or not they consider that contact information to be public knowledge, even though it is, I will reframe from posting the information here on these forums. SERIOUSLY, PLEASE GO TO THOSE WALLS, FIND THE EMAIL ADDRESSES, SHARE THEM WITH OTHERS AND CONTINUALLY WRITE TO THE EXECUTIVES. 

Thank you everyone, and please don't lose heart. Keep up the support, spread the word and email as if it were your only hope, because in truth, it probably is.

by ‎03-20-2012 06:27 PM - edited ‎03-20-2012 06:29 PM

Wow...I've never heard of anyone taking the loss of one TV station that far.  I'm sorry if I'm sounding insensitive and I don't know if this perspective will help:  To Verizon, 285 viewers in favor of that one TV station is nothing compared to the millions of other Verizon subscribers so that is probably why, to Verizon, the viewership of that station is so low.  If you think about it in terms of the numbers, it makes sense.

I read the message about this Funimation station and if it means that much to you, you can always watch it on line. There are other stations too and I'll bet you could even buy some of those episodes on DVD.  I tried watching a show on that station to see what the fuss was about.  I couldn't get into it or really see what was so special about it but that's just a matter of opinion. 

Several years ago, there was a beautiful smooth jazz radio station in my area that went off the air because not enough people were listening to it and mind you, this was just on analog radio.  Eventually I bought myself a bunch of CDs so I can still hear that type of music on my stereo and other than that.  What was I going to do?  And mind you, my radio stations aren't being provided by a corporate giant that I'm paying to hear. 

I hate to say this, but I don't think that constantly complaining to the executives of Verizon is going to do much good.

C'est la vie!  Nothing stays the same. 

If anything I said upsets you, I'm sorry...but that is my opinion.

by soranouta on ‎03-21-2012 06:04 AM

The only thing I have to say to questioning is that the prices of CDs < prices of DVDs. If I want to be able to enjoy programming, why shouldn't I be allowed the comfort of watching it from my couch or bed?

Verizon likes to play politics. I'm pretty sure Funimation's slot is going to that new 24/7 pre-school channel from Disney.

by Rush2112 on ‎03-21-2012 07:01 AM - last edited on ‎03-21-2012 04:16 PM by Moderator

@questioning  Dude are you some kind of Verizon corporate schill?  You admit that you've never seen a response to a dropped station like this and then say because only 285 people responded that the station must not be that popular.  You realize that does not make very much logical sense at all right?  I can't imagine any station that Verizon currently carries outside one of the major networks would ever get the response that FUNimation has received for the exact reason it was quite popular!  You just can't look at the number of people that checked into this forum as the total viewership for the station.  I doubt a lot of people who watched the station wanted to take the time to sign up for a post on Verizon's forum which I'm doubting a large portion of subscribers even know exist.  It's all about statistics.  People have been making a response concerning this drop directly to Verizon via phone, facebook and twitter as well.

Wow and you watched part of one whole show which are series by the way and determined after watching part of one show that you did not get it and could not fathom what the big deal was...........................really?  You really think you received any understanding of the material or the people who watch it by tuning in for a handful of minutes?!

Plus the example you gave about your radio station was a terrible one.  As you yourself noted radio stations are free to the customer and they get there money from advertisement revenue.  I  pay Verizon to watch this programming on my television, not online and not on my DVD player!!!!

Also you're totally wrong about writing in to executives at Verizon.  At the very least it draws their eyes to an issue they may otherwise not be aware of.  I'm pretty sure none of them are checking their forum or facebook accounts but if they get direct emails from upset customers at least they may take a moment to see what people are actually complaining about and then if they see a very vocal response that may choose to act on it..

I really can't see why you took all the time to type what you did to pretty much tell everyone that is making an effort that they should pretty much give up.  That kind of lazy **bleep** attitude is exactly what is wrong with this country at the moment.  I understand that most likely this is not going to have any effect in the long run on what Verizon chooses to do but I'm sure as hell not going to shut up and keep paying my bill because of that!  I've already reduced my service because of this and I'll keep on complaining even if the only effect is annoying someone over at Verizon and hopefully people who may be thinking of signing up for Verizon's service are discouraged by what their customers are saying.

by ssteele on ‎03-21-2012 09:54 AM

I agree with soranouta and Rush2112, I payed extra for my Funimation channel and I want it back.

@questioning go and listen to some free jazz and stop wasting time trying discourage the people here that had to pay the extra money for their Funimation entertainment

by ‎03-21-2012 02:50 PM - edited ‎03-21-2012 05:19 PM

You're twisting my words around and taking what I said out of context.  I don't care if you agree with me or not.  I was giving another perspective.  I was stating my opinion and I'm not here to argue.  I just don't understand why this is such a sensitive issue.  You're definitely misreading my intentions.  I don't agree with you.  That's no reason to be rude and put down every little thing that I say just because I see things differently.

And paying extra money for Funimation?  Where did that come from?  That just came with my package.  I never paid extra for that and no, I don't care for it so big deal.   That's so hard to believe?  Not everyone likes what you like.  So what?

Why don't you guys just switch providers if it bothers you that much?  Goodness...you need to calm down.  It's not the end of the world.  I never said anything about "giving up".  That's taken out of context.  I don't get upset or make such a big stink over a TV station being removed.   I choose my fights carefully and cut my losses if I feel it's not anything worth fighting over.  That's how I feel.  Whatever you do is up to you.  

Don't worry.  You won't hear another word from me about this.   Frankly, I never even knew I had this particular TV station until it was mentioned here. 

by soranouta on ‎03-21-2012 04:11 PM
Not sure if questioning realizes how hypocritical his last post was. Glad we won't be seeing him again.
by Rush2112 on ‎03-22-2012 05:25 AM

Thanks @soranouta!  I was reading that response and I was thinking this guy can't be serious.

His first post was egotistical and condescending but the last post was just ridiculous.

I don't get upset or make such a big stink over a TV station being removed.   I choose my fights carefully and cut my losses if I feel it's not anything worth fighting over.  Yes he's the Zen master of entertaiment.  How arrogant can you possibly get.

by on ‎03-22-2012 03:26 PM

As I write this the current vote count for this idea has it as the #3 idea on the forums.  If every single subscriber to FiOS was on the forums then maybe that vote count wouldn't mean so much...  or perhaps it would be a LOT more as it could equally be a LOT higher.  In relative terms this idea being #3 is pretty impressive.  Not convinced?  Well fine, let's consider how fast this vote has built up (compared to the #2 and #1 voted ideas which have been around for a LOT longer and had far more time to accumulate their vote count and the smaller number of subscribers who even bother to try the Verizon forums)...  this is rather amazing and also indicative of there being something of a demand here.  But this is just one of many things.  There is an online petition that is rapidly moving to 3,000 signatures...  but even that is only a reflection of how many people are actually aware there is an online petition.  And then there are people calling and emailing (and of course, only Verizon would possibly have a count of that).  I know many people who will pick up a phone and demand to speak to someone about a problem and would never think of email or going online to a forum or searching out an online petition.  There are others who are not here who instead turned to social media (Facebook & Twitter) to express their disappointment with Verizon of this decision.  Some I talked to were not even aware of this forum or the idea being voted on and being the 3rd most popular idea here.  

Whether you are a fan of FUNimation or not is also immaterial to some degree.  There is something of a larger concern that some are missing here...  and that is...  Verizon taking it upon themselves to drop a channel on their own accord (unlike other cases in the past where a channel demanding more money would storm out of negotiations and take their channel off Verizon of they couldn't get their way,  or a case where a channel went out of business so it could no longer be offered).  By removing FUNimation, Verizon removed something unique in its lineup.  There are no other channels offered by Verizon with such content.  Variety is the spice of life...  and if Verizon just decides to remove variety... they leave their subscribers with something that is rather bland.  What if Verizon one day decided to remove republican propaganda fiction networks from its lineup and only include actual news channels?  Or what if one day they decided to remove actual news channels in favor of just republican propoganda fiction networks?  Or what if channels dedicated to a particular sport were all removed?  Or maybe all Science Fiction content purged?  Would you be satisfied hearing... well, just watch the content online because why do you expect FiOS TV to actually have the TV content you are interested in?  Of course not.

One thing I heard from some people I tried to convince to switch to FiOS was that they have accepted the mediocrity of stations on other providers and when they heard how many more channels Verizon FiOS offers they said... but who can ever watch that many channels anyway.  But that isn't the point.  FiOS is unique because of channel diversity... a bit of something for everyone... or at least... they WERE.  Today, I'm not so sure.

Verizon, please bring back FUNimation and add the HD feed.

by Essence on ‎03-23-2012 01:48 PM

This won't be a long post, just another complaint:

Please bring the FUNimation channel back!  It was amazing, and something I always looked forward to watching!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools