Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
Comments
by Russmcfaul on ‎08-16-2012 09:15 AM

Please give us back our Funimation

by oldskool on ‎08-16-2012 10:04 AM

Am back, and wish that you (Verizon) would reconsider adding Funimation back to your lineup. Have not watched nearly as much TV since the channel was taken off. Seriously was the main reason I even chose to get FIOS in the first place because of Funimation. Please bring it back!

by Fellwing on ‎08-16-2012 12:27 PM

I cen't believe you guys got rid of FUNimation. I will continue to post on every single thing that FiOS posts that I want it back until I get some kind of deal where I can get it. Period. I won't give up. This was one of my favorite channels, and you just up and snatched it from me.

by MikeDeredita on ‎08-16-2012 08:05 PM

I have not enjoyed my FiOS service since March.  I have learned a lot of things that I don't like about the service since the channel was dropped. 

First, I find the internet connection with FiOS is lousy.  Since I can no longer watch the shows we pay all this money per month to watch, then I guess we'll have to stream them with the expensive bundled internet.   What I want to know is if I have 35 Mbps uploads and downloads, why do the speeds degrade and drop at times.  I have a house in PA as well, which only has 5Mbps downloads and 384 Kbps upload speeds.  Guess what.. the Blue Ridge Cable internet can continuously stream with ZERO issues!!!! Why can't my FiOS do the same, if it is indeed so many times faster than Blue Ridge.

Second, I can't believe how slow the menu are on the FiOS box.  Navigating around the FiOS menus is slower and more painful than trying to watch video on a 4-5 year old netbook computer.  It's terrible how slow guide is.  I don't dare bother with the VOD services.  The menus are so slow, it's downright painful to navigate through. 

Third, I can't believe there are so many channels, and the one thing I actually enjoyed watching is gone.  I have barely used my FiOS TV since MArch.  I have bought an Apple TV and Roku to fill the massive void by no longer having the Funimation Channel. 

Suggestion:  PLEASE RETURN THE FUNIMATION CHANNEL.  EVEN BETTER, GIVE US A 24/7 FUNIMATION CHANNEL IN HD!!!!! Thanks. 

by ssteele on ‎08-16-2012 09:16 PM

please return the Funimation channel. Fios is boring without it

by sifth on ‎08-17-2012 05:32 PM

please return the Funimation Channel. I really do enjoy being able to watch my favorite anime after a long day of work. To be honest I find myself watching less and less tv as a result of what you did. I might drop my tv service at the end of year since you guys removed the reason I picked you up in the first place

by reddsimpson on ‎08-19-2012 06:08 AM

BRING BACK FUNIMATION IN HD!!!!!!  You probably would of had more viewers if you would of had it in HD.  Stop giving us all of the crap HD channels.  Just because you may have more HD channels than others, they are mostly CRAP!!!  Atleast give us the the option to add it as a special channel at like $5 month like you do for other channels like Japan TV!

by Lifelikegirl on ‎08-20-2012 07:38 PM

PLEASE BRING FUNIMATION BACK! it really was an amazing channel, and it truly is the only way to get quality anime without buying 12 episodes for $50 in the store! I LOVE THIS CHANNEL!

And it's the only channel of its kind on Fios. Don't you think you owe it to your viewers to offer the most variety of channels possible? I know some channels can't be cut, but other channels that have at least 5 other channels almost identical to them CAN be cut.

And 350 votes doesn't even represent a FRACTION of all the viewers and lovers of this channel that own (or owned) Verizon Fios.

by iDShaDoW703 ‎08-25-2012 09:15 AM - edited ‎08-25-2012 12:47 PM

Wow, just upgraded my TV package because I thought I had lost Funimation after moving and having to get a new account (thought Funimation was grandfathered into my channel lineup at my old house) and lo and behold:

I find out they no longer carry Funimation!  WTH.  This was like my go-to channel that I'd have on at all times of night while I do stuff on my computer for work/non-work stuff.

I'm miffed to say the least... VERIZON PLEASE GIVE US BACK OUR FUNIMATION.

I now have the Ultimate HD package and no Funimation...

by kingjester7 on ‎08-25-2012 10:15 PM
Come on people need funimation channel come on !!! Put it back on !!!!
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools