• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Joeg679

Future iPad/iPhone streaming app-Allow us to use away from home

by on ‎04-04-2011 07:03 PM

The Cablevision and Tie Warner apps that let you stream live tv must be used within the home network.  There is no point in using that app unless you are in the bathroom or outside.  Please develop an app that lets us use the app away from our home network. 

To be clear there will definitely be content that can only be watched in the home (business restriction)... but there will also be options that are available outside of the home... the ones trapped in the home will be less and less as we progress forward.
Comments
by Employee on ‎04-06-2011 03:49 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
To be clear there will definitely be content that can only be watched in the home (business restriction)... but there will also be options that are available outside of the home... the ones trapped in the home will be less and less as we progress forward.
by VZsNumbaOneFan on ‎04-22-2011 09:05 AM

VOD I think should be incorporated into FiOS Mobile apps already as VOD is already using IPTV, while they work on cutting deals with the TV studios for the rights to stream to mobile devices.

by Lidge on ‎04-28-2011 11:32 AM

I agree it would be nice to have an app that enabled access away from home- but why can't we at least currently have that capability of watching content from home wi-fi wherever possible on the Ipad?

Is there any target date for Verizon to roll this out?

by royalh13 on ‎05-26-2011 05:33 PM

IIRC, there's an app for the iPad, but not for the iPhone to watch live content..

Please add app for iPhone too!

by on ‎12-07-2011 03:18 PM

add app for mac app store iphone/ipad 

by on ‎08-04-2012 05:51 PM

Yeah, any day now.... want to buy a bridge?

by pgr on ‎08-04-2012 06:42 PM - last edited on ‎08-04-2012 07:28 PM by Moderator

So let me understand this Verizon, as you obviously monitor the forum, any additional comments that the app is long overdue will be removed or censored?  Here is a better idea - maybe you should develop and release the app rather than prevent people from complaining about it.

by Aces on ‎09-29-2012 06:37 AM

I am upset with the Verizon salesman who talked me into switching to Verizon from Cablevision.  I asked him if I could stream tv content to my iPad around the house.  He lied and said yes.  I do use my iPad to sit outside in my backyard and watch tv.  It was one of my favorite perks of having Optimum!  I know that HBO GO works, but I might want to keep the Yankee game on mute on my iPad while I'm watching tv (and I can't change the channel because I'm recording this shows simultaneously).  

I have 30 days to switch back.  . . 

by chrisper710 on ‎10-01-2012 04:36 PM

As an ex-Optimum customer, I miss my Optimum App. I was able to watch live tv from the Optimum App via connecting to my Optimum wifi at home. Can this be something that Verizon adds to its apps? This was an awesome thing because if the tv's were taken over by my remote controlling husband I could watch tv from my iPhone right next to him...Hope you guys can get this going. Thanks!

by kj12 on ‎10-10-2012 07:19 PM

Lack of a streaming app is the only reason I am switching to Cablevision. I have been waiting long enough for Verizon to develop one. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools