Customers With Disabilities
g8rs_fan

G4 HD!

by g8rs_fan on ‎04-12-2011 09:19 PM

I will be switching to Verizon soon but I was upset to find out that G4, my favorite channel, was not available in HD in my area. Does anyone have it through Verizon? Will Verizon be adding it?

That channel is on the list to be added...
Comments
by TeeVeeGuy on ‎04-13-2011 06:34 AM

If you're coming to FiOS for HD content, chances are it won't take long for you to be disappointed. Satellite and traditional cable operators in many areas have more robust HD offerings than Verizon. Read "Level with us about all the HD channels available from cable operators that FiOS is missing" below. In FiOS's favor, picture quality is pretty good (except during local commercials inserted by Verizon which look and sound so terrible that it's hard to imagine they bring even one dollar of business to advertisers).

by Employee on ‎04-13-2011 05:05 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
That channel is on the list to be added...
by Employee on ‎04-13-2011 05:07 PM

TeeVeeGuy - we have added BET HD, TruTV HD, FSC HD in the last few weeks and there are dozens more to come this year... 

by g8rs_fan on ‎04-13-2011 09:02 PM

Cool. That's good news. I read other posts about a list of channels that are coming soon. Is there a way I could get a link or directions to this list you provided? Thanks.

by foganime on ‎01-07-2012 06:11 PM

Next week (Jan. 10 -13) the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show will be held.

The only channel providing live coverage of this event is G4, which is still only carried in Standard Defintion.  :smileyembarrassed:

PLEASE ADD THE HI-DEF FEED OF G4 TV IN TIME FOR THIS EVENT!!

by N_B on ‎01-11-2012 09:07 AM

Yes, PLEASE add G4 HD!   Time Warner Cable has it, why not FIOS????

by MeanBob ‎01-12-2012 05:59 PM - edited ‎01-12-2012 11:00 PM

Verizon, please, I mean, PLEASE add G4 HD to the channel line up really soon!

With many big name events like Comic Con, CES. and the big one, E3 (which I like to call the Superbowl of Videogames) there's no reason why G4 HD still isn't added yet! With the exception of shows like X-Play and Attack of the Show, some of the original programming is worthy of seeing in HD to begin with.

SD makes me wonder why we still only have that feed, but there is one small saving grace that has my hopes up and that's the fact that you guys have added G4 HD on-demand! Sure that's awesome that it's been added and finally get to see their programming in HD, but I would, like most of us here, enjoy the heck out of the HD live feed instead of just only having the SD feed and ONLY bits and pieces from the on-demand service.

As mentioned, Verizon, please add the HD feed ASAP. To be completely honest, I got Verizon FiOS to be able to watch G4TV and happens to be my favorite, so I'm hoping that this happens very soon!

by masterchief75 on ‎02-13-2012 08:24 PM

I agree with all the people here. I posted adding G4 HD 3 times. I regret leaving time warner cable. The only reason I left them was because of FiOS' internet speeds, but other than that time warner had much more hd channels and I dare to say their picture quality was much better for HD. Joe Ambeault, you claimed from almost a year ago that this channel is on the list to be added and yet we still don't have it. E3 is in 4 months. Verizon better get its act together before E3 is here and many gamers are stuck watching it in SD.

by MeanBob ‎02-15-2012 10:30 PM - edited ‎02-15-2012 10:34 PM

^I'm so happy someone else sees why G4HD should be available soon. In fact, I saw your thread that got locked and was so happy to see that someone looks at it the way I do. With many expos/cons happening, there's more the reason to have G4HD. I mentioned that E3 is the big one that gamers are going to worry about, but wouldn't it be better to see these Press Conferences and Gameplay Demonstrations the way it's supposed to be: in HD?

But it's not just expos/cons that go on - G4 also has good original programming like Ninja Warrior, Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan, Proving Ground. Let's not forget the network's flagship shows X-Play and Attack of the Show. These 2 have a great fanbase for the gamer-centric and tech-savvy groups of people.

I can agree with masterchief75 on this one: it's been said that this channel was "added to the list" for the LONGEST time and yet, we haven't seen anything happen, with the exception of G4HD On-Demand....

I know I've asked before and I"ll ask again, but please Verizon, please add G4HD soon! It's my favorite network, with the exception of IFC, AMC, Funimation, Cartoon Network (both should also be added in HD), and of course BBC America for those Doctor Who fans. I'm still a bit surprised that E! Entertainment was added beforehand. I mean E!, style, and G4 were in consolidation many years back and even the merger with NBCUniversal and Comcast

by HyperFury on ‎04-05-2012 05:35 PM

Would love to see G4 HD in the Prince William county area!!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools