Customers With Disabilities
custom

Guide and New Messages - Usability

by custom on ‎01-18-2012 08:30 AM

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

When you press a button to bring up just about any guide screen, if there's a new message, then there's a looong pause and the message comes up instead.  Then, after you're done reading (or not) the message, you can't get to the screen that you wanted in the first place.  You have to start all over again.  WHY?

First, there should be an option where the messages don't come up.  Maybe just an envelope icon comes up in the corner of the screen.

Second, pressing the OK button should just continue on to the screen that you wanted in the first place.  That just makes sense.

Thanks.

Comments
by on ‎01-20-2012 04:26 AM

They actually just made a change to this.

Used to be, you'd press the button, and nothing would happen, so you'd think you mis-aimed or something and press the button again. Then, 5 or 10 seconds later, the message would flash onto the screen for a millisecond before your cached second keypress caused it to disappear.

So not only was FiOS delaying your use of the guide or your DVR menu in order to show you a message you almost certainly didn't care about, but you weren't seeing the messge anyway.

So a day or two ago, I hit the guide button, nothing happens, and I hit it again ... and a few seconds later, up pops a message asking if I "want to quit this application," sitting on top of a message about the tennis channel being back.

So, apparently, they heard our complaints, and instead of NOT SPAMMING US, they found a way to make the spam harder to ignore. Brilliant, right?

by Moderator on ‎07-13-2012 04:33 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools