• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
prisaz

HD Programming or Channel Vote Board

by ‎08-09-2010 09:32 AM - edited ‎09-24-2010 03:55 PM

Programming Vote Board like this board, but different.

No comments allowed.

Only Votes with a restriction to the posts message body size. Limiting the body to a brief description of the channel.

No duplicate channel requests. If you want a channel, vote for it.

This could weed out the many repeat posts on the Programming board, and help track who wants what.

Think this is a good idea? Vote for it.

I will commit to publishing a blog post that aggregrates this information... and we will evaluate building this web app in early 2011
Comments
by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-09-2010 12:20 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎08-12-2010 08:16 AM

Gets my vote.

by on ‎08-12-2010 09:13 AM

It is a good idea, if someone from Verizon pays attention to our suggestions.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎08-12-2010 10:15 AM

In general I think this would be good to have, the thread in the FiOS TV Programming is useless imo and should be removed, or at least locked. Some suggestions and comments:

1) Here is a link to a thread at the AVS Forum that tracks the status of all available and planned HD channels by each provider, including Verizon: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1058081

2) Any way to create the new board so that it lists all of the channels that Verizon does NOT have so that all we have to do is go through the list and click on the ones we want? Would be a whole lot easier to use, and to manage. More development work by Verizon, and maintenance required to keep the channel list up-to-date,but there are lots of forums that have a voting function built-in.

3) I think there should be an indication of whether we want HD or SD channels, or both.

4) As prisaz said, no reasons why, etc, just the channel.

5) Pick up all of the "votes" in the current thread in FiOS TV Programming and put it into this new board so we (and Verizon) would have a current starting point.

There are probably more things that should go into the design of something like this, but I would rather see Verizon develop something really complete rather than some half-hearted thing.

Justin

by on ‎08-12-2010 10:40 AM

I have been compiling a list from the thread Justin mentioned. Just for my own curiosity. But I may stop because it will eat up much of my time and might be compiled half heartedly. Just poking fun Justing. If I did put togeter a list, I would do my best to make an accurate list and count. I was up to post 85 and my eyes got tired.

The thread count is up to 845 and rising. Many are duplicates, and that is why I created this idea. Stay tuned.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Suggest-Channels-to-Add-to-FiOS-TV/m-p/57288#U57288

by on ‎08-12-2010 06:12 PM

Up to post 250 on compiling my list.

by Kier on ‎08-28-2010 07:39 AM

In my Verizon area, a lot of the HD channels are just broadcasting non-HD content in the HD frequency, so actually the HD feature is useless. Some older shows are just not HD, but even so, new ones aren't either.

For example, I just watched "Wife Swap", and it wasn't in HD, but all the comercials were in HD. Verizon may have more HD channels than Comcast, but do they actually have more real HD videos on those channels?

by EcuaBoi on ‎08-31-2010 12:12 PM
Hey Verizon, Can you add Ecuadorian channels like Ecuavisa (DirecTV) and Teleamazona (Dish Network) into your network. If you do, my dad will drop Dish Network and connect FiOS to the kitchen and his bedroom.
by on ‎09-19-2010 10:17 AM

My votes:

BBCA-HD and perhaps the October-starting FEARNet HD (assuming they actually show HD content).

by ‎09-19-2010 12:28 PM - edited ‎09-19-2010 12:28 PM

A comment is not a Vote. Click on the vote icon if you have not done so. If you have, then please refrain from further comments. We do not need an idea with over 900 comments. We have that on the programming board which I would like to see removed.

Thank you

Prisaz CL

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools