Complete solutions to start or grow your business
with less than 20 employees.
Solutions to start, grow and build your
business with more than 20 employees.
Global and national enterprises, governments
Whether you qualify for our FiOS or Standard services, you will enjoy fast Internet,
an impressive lineup of HD channels and reliable phone service. Learn more.
FiOS Digital Voice
High Speed Internet (DSL)
High Speed Internet & DIRECTV® Deals
Security & Backup
Device Protection & Premium Support
Shop for the products you want, explore options and get the best offer available
when you order service online. Shop & Compare.
Shop All Services
Build Your Own Bundle
FiOS Plan Advisor
Renew or Change Your Bundle
Add or Change Services
Order New or Move Your Existing Service
View My Bill
Pay My Bill
Change My Password
Change My Profile
Manage Sub Accounts
Manage My Services
Verizon Visual 411
Manage My Internet
How To Videos
Check My Email
Home Monitoring and Control
View and Pay Bill
Renew Your Contract
Verizon on Facebook Verizon on Twitter Verizon on Google Plus
Go to Email & News to manage your email, search the web, stay up to date with current news and more.
Go to TV & Movies to view your favorite TV shows and more.
Manage your My Verizon account and series quickly and easily, all online.
HD YouTube videos to HDTVs with Standard FiOS Set Top Box.
Related to http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Please-update-YouTube-Widget/idi-p/389081
Are you asking for HD YouTbue Videos on a HDTV that uses a SD STB?
"A majority of Fios Customers have Standard SET TOP BOXES hooked to HDTVS."
I don't believe that statement for a moment; but if it were true, then a majority of FiOS customers are dumber than dirt! It makes no sense to spend money to buy an HD TV and then try to save money ($5/month or so) by using an SD STB.
Now if you were to state the reverse I would believe it. I had two SD STBs for 6 years, with SD TVs attached. About 15 months ago I replaced the SD STBs with HD STBs but kept the SD TVs attached. Only in the last month or so have I replaced the TVs with HD TVs.
IMO Verizon needs to focus on:
1) Replacing all of the SD STBs currently installed with HD STBs (QIP7xxx or Cisco). This will give every customer access to all channels, HD and SD, no matter whether they have an HD or SD TV. This step needs to include the DCT-700 Digital Adapters. This will result in a price increase, but so what? The customer gets a better picture, even on an SD TV, and they get more channels.
2) Replacing all of the QIP6xxx STBs currently installed with QIP7xxx or Cisco STBs. This will allow reception of the MPEG-4 channels that are already being distributed (MLB Extra Innings and Mexican channels so far I believe). No change in price.
3) Converting as many existing HD channels as possible from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4. Saves lots of QAM space so more HD channels can be added.
4) Getting the HD equivalent channel for every SD channel that also offers an HD channel. No need for the SD channels if HD versions available.
5) Removing the duplicate SD channels. Saves some QAM space.
6) Adding new HD channels.
#1 and #2 need to be done ASAP.
#3, #4, #5, and #6 can be done concurrently, as QAM space and channels become available.
Just my $0.02 worth.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
Shop Standard Services
Account & Services
Email, News, & TV