Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
sunzman

HMDI-CEC

by sunzman on ‎11-29-2010 04:00 PM

Why Not implement hdmi-cec! Other devices use it. I f you use HDMI cables you should create a menu option to enable this.Why can't this featured be enabled with set top boxes?

The industry is heading in the direction of IP-based controls (e.g. remote control commands pass through)... like enabled in the CEC portion of the HDMI spec...
Comments
by Employee on ‎12-30-2010 05:04 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
The industry is heading in the direction of IP-based controls (e.g. remote control commands pass through)... like enabled in the CEC portion of the HDMI spec...
by ProphetBeal on ‎04-20-2011 09:52 AM
I think HDMI-CEC is a popular feature that most, if not all, new HDTVs and Blu-ray players support. The industry has been here for the past year, if not two years. FiOS should catch up.
by sg4356 on ‎06-30-2011 10:33 AM

Also the new DVR boxes have audio glitches where the audio on hd channels comes in 5 seconds delayed...I have had 4 boxes in the 7000 series and they all have glitches viz HDMI..the older 6416 was flawless and they can not supply me with one???

This company is going backwards..they say to use the component hook up which is inferior to HDMI..

Fios is is in  the dark ages and should be ashamed.

by Hoosier72 on ‎08-11-2011 08:54 PM

Really need to enable HDMI control for the qip7232 HD DVR.  Can't use HDMI control on A/V Receiver because Fios set top box doesn't support HDMI Control.  If one device doesn't support it you can't use HDMI control.   Even if your BD player supports it.  

by marcucci on ‎12-03-2012 12:47 PM

Hey, it's "later' now based on your "maybe later" status....can we have this now?

by GORIK on ‎12-06-2012 12:11 PM

Do any of the existing FIOS STB multi room DVR boxes support HDMI CEC consumer Electronics Control?

Is Verizon planning to provide support for HDMI CEC?

by njmarchetti on ‎05-24-2013 11:28 AM

Please support! With the announcement of the new Xbox One, I definitely would like to see more FiOS integration. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools