• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
OSPF

High Speed Internet for Rural Areas

by OSPF on ‎03-28-2011 01:23 PM

We live in a rural area and can not get cable, broadband, DSL - we have Satellite TV and Mobile (Cellular) Broadband for internet access.  I work from home and have to use VPN to logon so Mobile Broadband is my only option.  We live in Hanover County Virginia in the Old Church area and there are no towers close to us.  The tower that closer is too short to do any good for my location.  Our signal is coming from 7 miles away so I'm lucky to be able to do what I can.    There is a switching station 1.3 miles away from us - is there nothing Verizon can do to provide internet access from there ?    What about putting up a dish on the communications tower on Flanagans Mill Road ?   If a T1 was not cost-prohibitive I'd get one - but it's out of the question at it's current $$.  

Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-20-2011 12:52 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by mrpaulpete on ‎12-29-2012 01:03 AM

GIVE US HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND TV OVER TELEPHONE LINES IN RURAL AREAS.  WE ARE BEING TREATED AS THIRD WORLD CITIZENS.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools