Customers With Disabilities
SCARFACE

I have Five great Ideas

by SCARFACE on ‎03-02-2011 11:16 AM

1. While watching a On Demand Show allow for a play all option so if I wanted to watch all the Sopranos episodes you have back to back with out having to select the next episode.  So when the one episode ends the next one begins.  This would also be nice for DVR recordings but allow to watch all episodes of one show or all DVR recordings or playlist.

2. Put a rating system on movies/ TV shows so people can avoid bad movies.  Either put someone in charge of rating them, I will gladly do the job for you or have a community rating system.  Have a number system 1-10 and let people vote or use IMDB/ Metacritic rating

3. While watching a DVR program allow the info bar to show upcoming shows of that program or movie as you are watching.

4. Netflix Widget or as that a bad business idea because people would watch Netflix sometimes and not you?

5. Your DVR manager App for Iphone works great but your FiOS Mobile remote not so great.  Allow the FiOS mobile remote App for Iphone to work on my router with other internet provider not just Verizon router.  I don't understand how the DVR manager App works on my network yet the FiOS mobile remote app does not they seem to be similar?

Thanks for your reply ahead of  time if any are duplicates I am sorry.  I noticed one guy mentioned 1 before but he did not say VOD as well.  If you could answer all of them it would be greatly appreciated.

Multiple submissions in 1 post make the status tough to set....

Play all option for DVR is in progress, but VOD is not and maybe later.

Ratings system is duplicate and in progress.

#3 is interesting.  Think it already exists on the info page... watching the show and click info (twice for full screen info) - see "upcoming episodes"

#4 Netflix is duplicate.  If you were willing to pay a bit more for Netflix through FiOS TV, then this become something to discuss further... 

#5 already exists... you just have to know how to configure you network (probably an issue with port settings).... we don't prohibit, but we also cannot help make DIY home networking go (check the forums plenty of customers have this working). DVR Manager works over 3G, so it's not on your home network. Mobile remote works over Wifi.

Comments
by on ‎03-02-2011 11:54 AM

I concur with your 2, 3, and 4.  Great ideas.

by Employee ‎03-03-2011 04:19 AM - edited ‎03-03-2011 04:22 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Multiple submissions in 1 post make the status tough to set....

Play all option for DVR is in progress, but VOD is not and maybe later.

Ratings system is duplicate and in progress.

#3 is interesting.  Think it already exists on the info page... watching the show and click info (twice for full screen info) - see "upcoming episodes"

#4 Netflix is duplicate.  If you were willing to pay a bit more for Netflix through FiOS TV, then this become something to discuss further... 

#5 already exists... you just have to know how to configure you network (probably an issue with port settings).... we don't prohibit, but we also cannot help make DIY home networking go (check the forums plenty of customers have this working). DVR Manager works over 3G, so it's not on your home network. Mobile remote works over Wifi.

by SCARFACE on ‎03-08-2011 08:13 PM

I just double checked on 3.  If you are watching a DVR program which is already recorded and you hit info twice you can only start from beginning, stop playing or change deleting status.  Their is no upcoming episodes/ movies option.  Which would be convenient if you record a show and want to know when it will air next or again.  Can you please make it happen in the future?

by FT on ‎10-27-2012 02:50 PM

I am a new user and someone from Verizon years ago mentioned that they had "netflix".  Well, finally I made the swtich, just yesterday and there was no "netflix" widget.....I think he was referring to the on-demand free movies feature....which is not Netflix.  I pay for Netflix - which I watch through my Playstation - but one of the main reasons I wanted to switch to FIOS was that I thought it had a widget for Netflix.

Don't get me wrong - I like the service but most of the 'free movies' are ones that TW had - so they're all the same.  Although Netflix competes with FIOS in a way - it really doesn't.  I think that the normal cable user would just go to free movies...but Netflix offers a whole lot more - generally speaking.  I think it would be a big perk to Verizon if they could carry Netflix for their customers.  It would just open a huge door - for people willing to dump their play stations - like me - because my primary use of having one - is for Netflix.  When I bought the PS3 - I was not aware of the 'internet TV" boxes they're selling now.

by mandm180 on ‎11-19-2013 02:26 PM

Simple please provide a ,,,,,,Netflix widget

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools