• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
dslr595148

IMAP workaround (leave mail on server)

by Gold Contributor VII ‎04-13-2011 11:22 AM - edited ‎04-13-2011 11:27 AM

Since it is unlikely that you will not deploy IMAP e-mail, as address in the thread

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/IMAP-e-mail/idc-p/300993#M5758

I have a bright idea.

#1 Say something like..

Since we don't offer IMAP e-mail. this is how you can configure your e-mail client to keep mail on the server.

#2 Then give them the directions on how to do that.

#3 For users who use your automatic setup program, in the automated setup program configure their e-mail client to keep mail on server.

Thanks for considering this/these idea(s).

Comments
by PoetDoc on ‎04-16-2011 02:53 PM

That is exactly what I did with my new AT&T iPhone that I purchased in October 2010.  I leave all of my email on Verizon's server for 15 days so that I can get email on my laptop and my iPhone.  I use Outlook on a PC.  

To make this change go into your email setup on your computer and go to the change button.  Then go to "more settings", then go to the advanced tab.  Down at the bottom you can check "leave a copy on the server" and then you can select how many days to leave it there.  Save and close and you should be done.

You may want to change the number of days if you go on vacation somewhere where you will not be picking up your email - 

But all in all it's a pain to get all your emails on laptop and smart phone and have to delete, etc.  IMAP would be so much easier.  The reason I stick with Verizon is that they do a good job of screening out junk and viruses, and I'm not sure gmail or yahoo do as good a job.  But I'm interested to hear what others think.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-20-2011 01:08 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by k2graphics on ‎01-27-2012 03:08 AM

An earlier site you had allowed us to specify whether to keep emails for a day, a week, or a month. Please bring that back!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools