Improve Customer Service
amby51

I recently cancelled my FiOS service after having service in several locations over the last 5 years because I have moved overseas.  The problem began with trying turn in my equipment before I actually left the country earlier this month.  The order to cancel (effective Jul 10) was set up with no problem and the agent handling it provided me with the nearest location to turn in my equipment.  However, when I got there, the people working in the store would not accept the equipment without an order number.  Since the agent handling my cancellation did not give me an order number, I had to call in again to get this number.  

Suggestion 1:  People working in the stores that are to receive equipment should be able to find the information related to that equipment and account without making the customer go through another phone call.  

After I made it through all the prompts and am on hold waiting for an available agent, another customer walks in and is told the same thing.  As I watch and wait for my call to be answered "in the order received" his call is answered, he received his order number, and completed turning in his equipment.  All while I am on hold.

Suggestion 2:  Actually answer calls in the order they are received.

After that was done, I thought I was home free.  When I received my electronic statement 2 days later on the 12th for another month's service, I thought there surely must be a delay in the system.  However, once I made it overseas and again had internet, I learned that my credit card used for auto pay was already charged for my next month's service on Jul 16.  

Suggestion 3:  Automatically stop auto pay when an account is cancelled.

Now, from another country, I am forced to try to get a refund for service that has not been rendered and should not have been charged in the first place.  Today, I am able to get through on chat to an agent.  She verifies that my service is cancelled as of Jul 10, and that a payment was credited to my account as of Jul 16.  She is NOT able to verify that my credit card that was just charged is actually going to be credited.  Further, she tells me that if the credit card or bank account is not linked to the auto pay account, I will be issued a check for my refund.  Which could take up to 60 days.  Why would it take 60 days for Verizon to give me my money back that they never had a reason to access to begin with?  This is in their error yet I have to wait for 60 days?  

Suggestion 4:  Agents should have the ability to verify the form in which a refund will be issued and the expected date for such a refund.  60 days is the wrong answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Improve Customer Service
musicgirl1397

im sorry to hear about the problems you have had with verizon.a word to the wise ,take them off of auto pay ,i pay online thru my bank.but i would never put them on auto pay.cancell your card and request a new one,it will be with different numbers.verizon trys to get slick and no i have never heard of something taking so long to get your money back.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes