• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
radman2020

Inconceivable that there is no list of * (star/asterisk) commands anywhere

by radman2020 on ‎05-08-2012 08:59 AM

You have a long list of features (call forwarding, caller id block etc) that you can click on for a description.. but amazingly, the command to invoke these features (such as *72) are just not there!!  Only for *69 because that is the name.  How can it be that you don't have a list of all the star commands available and prominently posted on your support website?!?!

In particular, I was looking for conditional call forwarding.  You call it forwarding when busy/no answer.  Only one of your customer support agents knew what I was talking about after multiple multiple calls and gave me the code (*92).  I found the description of it buried on your website after looking forever... but it didn't give the code (*92)!!

This should be published!!  Actually, you should allow this option in the options page.  it is more useful than the option you do have to forward certain numbers..  REALLY Verizon.

Comcast has voicemail transcription.  Verizon sales people said you have it too but you don't.  So I need to forward my unanswered calls to google voice because they offer the voice transcription.  I finally did it successfully after hours of research because you didn't list the star code!!  Please fix this!!  And teach your agents!!

I have referred this to our Verizon.com programmers to improve the search results to better provide links to the star codes list for both copper and FiOS Digital Voice.
Comments
by Silver Contributor V on ‎05-08-2012 10:36 AM
They are not hidden. I have two copies with them. One a short card and in the manual about my phone service. On the web site. try http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/phone/homephone/calling+features/star+codes/star+codes....
by radman2020 on ‎05-10-2012 08:39 AM

Thanks.  I couldn't find that.. but it is incomplete.. and in fact, doesn't include the star code that I needed and finally found (in a wiki post..not on verizon).   I needed *92 for call forwarding when I don't answer my line (to go to my google voicemail).   It is not on that list.  There are other codes not there as well.

by Employee on ‎06-20-2012 07:38 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We don't currently support *92 so that is why you didn't find reference to it. It's something we're looking into for a future enhancement for FiOS Digital Voice. Currently Call Forwarding Busy Line/Don't Answer can only be ordered from our sales center.
by Employee on ‎06-20-2012 07:49 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
I have referred this to our Verizon.com programmers to improve the search results to better provide links to the star codes list for both copper and FiOS Digital Voice.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools