Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
maestro

International calling - World Plan usage e-mail notifications

by maestro on ‎04-29-2011 12:43 PM

Please allow customers to setup a plain simple e-mail alert notification about usage of the World Plan minutes.

For example I would love to get an e-mail notification when I get closer to the World Plan allowance limit, or a daily e-mail notification about used minutes.

Thank you!

we are currently working towards making the usage information more accurate for Verizon customers. We will provide an update as we progress.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎05-25-2011 08:01 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by greenriver100 on ‎07-08-2012 10:54 AM

I think that the World Plan minute usage should update immediately after someone makes a call. It is very inconvenient to wait 48 hours before you can tell how many minutes you've used. It is also very inconvenient to manually tabulate the minute usage.

The other suggestion that I have for Verizon is to bill in increments of 30 seconds or less. A customer loses minutes if he or she does not talk to the exact whole minute. For example, if someone talks for 5 minutes and 1 second, the person would be billed for 6 minutes. Over the course of using the World Plan, a customer can lose 30 minutes or more of call time.

by greenriver100 on ‎12-16-2012 03:05 PM

The World Plan Usage should be updated immediately after every call.

I also cannot see my minutes used for the world plan for this new verizon homepage.

by Moderator on ‎12-16-2012 06:19 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by jrich00 on ‎01-06-2013 03:10 PM

Please make it easier for customers to check their world plan minutes and please work on having the minutes more up to date as the accurate number of minutes are not posted until 48 hours later- which is not helpful.

by on ‎01-07-2013 02:37 PM
Status changed to: Under Review
we are currently working towards making the usage information more accurate for Verizon customers. We will provide an update as we progress.
by Eric12345 on ‎01-07-2013 07:09 PM

I have logged into My Verizon account and I cannot find where to monitor my International Phone call usage.  So I chatted online and they could not find it.  So I called, and although the lady was very pleasant, she was also unable to find where I go to access my phone log and international minutes usage.  Could you please put a link to that feature in a very prominent place in My Verizon / My Services / Phones?  Thanks, Eric12345

by maestro on ‎01-08-2013 10:33 AM

FCC requires wireless carriers to alert customers when they are close to exceeding the limit of voice, text or data usage since 2011 as much as I know.

I dont understand why International calling plan offered by Verizon to land line customers is an exception...

I filed a complaint with FCC and the only thing I was able to get was a one-time credit. What a shame...

by MarlonP on ‎12-01-2013 04:43 PM

The first email requesting some form of email notification when you approach the max minutes was over two and a half years  ago! 

Verizon responded then saying it was 'under review'.  

A year and a half later someone requested this again and it was still 'under review' by Verizon.  

Why all the delays Verizon?  Isn't it obvious that customers need this?

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools