Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
littleafrica

Internet Browser or Widget for ESPN3.COM

by littleafrica on ‎04-06-2011 07:35 PM

Add a internet browser (like Firefox or Google Chrome) or a widget that will allow subscribers to watch espn3 through the set top box instead of having to use a seperate computer.

I submitted this idea months ago but with no reply, so I am submitting it again until I can get a reply.

Have to talk to our partners at ESPN...
Comments
by Employee on ‎04-07-2011 04:15 AM
Status changed to: Under Review
Have to talk to our partners at ESPN...
by JBell on ‎04-07-2011 06:13 AM

Great idea.  Can't see when ESPN would have an issue with that seeing as how we all have access to it online as part of our service. 

by Vauser on ‎07-30-2011 03:33 PM

Fantastic idea! Currently I place my laptop next to my TV, stream ESPN3 on the laptop and view it on my TV as a secondary montior. Much easier for everyone if I just accessed a widget from the Fios box already hooked up to my TV.  Please make this happen!

by on ‎09-19-2011 06:56 AM

VZ any updates on this? Thanks.

by MaxRossLinden on ‎10-22-2011 11:30 PM

I don't care for the "ESPN3" idea but I do agree on the Internet browser idea!
I hope that comes sometime soon. 

by JBell ‎02-17-2012 07:48 AM - edited ‎02-17-2012 07:55 AM

Why would an ESPN3 app not be a no-brainer considering my online access to ESNP3.com is "provided by Verizon Fios"? There is no acceptable excuse for this not moving forward immediately.  It's just an inteface to propvidea service that ESPN has already made available to Fios customers.

by littleafrica on ‎10-31-2012 08:33 AM
Wow! almost 2 years and still no answer Verizon! This is sad!
by on ‎01-31-2013 07:33 AM

I would DEFINITELY prefer you to come up with a hardware-based, FAST, SMOOTH - VIDEO PLAYING  upgradable Firefox HDTV-capable  Internet Browser with the capability of playing all FireFox media type Plug-Ins  and browsing any web site!!!

I would be willing to pay like $10 / month extra if you could rig up a realy fast hardware-based Internet browser for perfectly smooth-playing, HD video, high sample rate, low-distortion audio/video player.

To minimize costs, the box could basically be a diskless Linux or Android mini PC-based motherboard with flash-memory system bootup, fast Dual- or Quad-Core processors and a full 4GB of DDR3 RAM to maintain a huge "smart buffer" and large RAM disk buffers to allow playing YouTube videos SMOOTHLY with no intermittant hard disk-drive or internet server delays, and the ability to spool off files to thumb drives or other network computers. That would be a SUPER marketing feature if it were absolutely jitter-free and genually high-fidelity 1080i HDTV and high-sample rate MP3 with near zero distortion and zero jitter and buffer under/over flows!!!

It should be usable without a computer for ANY web content that FireFox supports - Not just YouTube apps or whatever. It could operate at the full Internet speed available to the STB at the COAX cable - NOT limited by the ActionTec's 100Mb ethernet ports or even worse WiFi ports, and no slowdowns and choppiness introduced by multitasking programs like Media Manager, no slow hard drives, and no ill-equipped customer-supplied PC's.

Also, definitely - it MUST have a built-in wireless keyboard and mouse interface usable across the room, and it SHOULD have something like a Raxcom wireless headphone transmitter unit (compatiable with their "RX-W003 plus" headphones, so the user can roam the house listening to good Hi-Fi stereo, in addition to possibly using their iPad or Android pad's touchscreen keyboard to control playback through WiFi (WiFi only used for communication of keyclicks, NOT media content)!

That's a tall order, but the mini-PC, motherboard, LINUX op system, FireFox, and all the plugins are off-the-shelf open source - and cheap! DDR3 memory is cheap. Flash boot sdcards are cheap. I think you can do it!

Thanks

Charlie Barrett

Flower Mound

by littleafrica on ‎03-29-2013 09:03 AM

Amazing! Over 2 years "under review" still no answer. Very disappointed Verizon!

by franklins on ‎05-21-2013 06:01 PM

Any updates on this post? Is it still under review? The ESPN3 app would be a cool app to have on set top box and sure will satisfy 1000s of customers. and also will attract new customers.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools