Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Kier

Jump to instead of "Fast Forward" On Demand

by Kier on ‎08-28-2010 07:21 AM

I like to watch full movies with "On Demand", after work late at night, sometimes I'll fall asleep and miss half of the movie.

The next day, I want to finish the movie, but have to wait 10 minutes to Fast Forward to find the middle of the movie where I fell asleep. Why isn't there a way to jump in 5 minute or 10 minute segments to pick up where you left off, instead of waiting forever wasting bandwidth? Maybe a "FF 8x", "FF 16x", "FF 32x".

Another thing. The basic listing in the "On Demand' guide no longer displays a "NEW" icon for newly listed movies in the premium movies section, unless you select a movie for "More Information", which uses up a lot of time when loading. The same applies for the year (date) of the movie, unless you click the "information tab". I like to watch new listings and can't remember what is new and what is old. Verizon touts about how many thousand movies it has, but leaves you in the dark.

I know, they have a section of "new movies", but I don't want to muddle through the PPVs and the "On Demand" trying to figure which is free and which will cost me, by selecting each movie one at a time to see if it is free or not.

Finally. If FIOS is so fast, then why is there an insane delay between clicks when navigating the "On Demand" menu? The little LED light on the box is instant when I click the remote, but the menu drags behind. I almost bought a few unwanted PPVs that way.

Sorry, one more thing. I hate the "On Demand" Search, because they do not tell you that the movie is from Encore, HBO, Cinemax, ShowTime or anything. You have to "Click and Hope" that the movie is in your package. If it isn't, the you have to search all over again.

That's like 4 ideas in one submission idea #1: is in progress... new capability will allow you to point and skip to chapters in the movie idea #3 and #4: are also in progress... new search with more features and new VOD system that goes faster idea #2: I have to review
Comments
by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-30-2010 12:01 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 08:25 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎10-11-2010 03:48 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
That's like 4 ideas in one submission idea #1: is in progress... new capability will allow you to point and skip to chapters in the movie idea #3 and #4: are also in progress... new search with more features and new VOD system that goes faster idea #2: I have to review
by HelpMs on ‎05-08-2012 06:48 PM
Please enable what i call chaptering...jumping to designated points in a show (every ten minutes as an example). I hate when a movie doesn't leave off where you left it and then you have to fast forward at the slowest speed to get near the end where you fell asleep. Please update ASAP. This is a standard with directv and has been around since the beginning of their dvrs.
by mgriff7 on ‎05-23-2012 11:56 AM

Please enable "chaptering" within all recordings, not just movies. Directv does this very well and it is a major headache to have to fast forward to the middle or end of a show. You should be able to easily skip ahead in 10 or 15 minute increments. Please fix this as soon as possible. It is so frustrating and makes me miss Directv.

by Evaf on ‎10-15-2012 02:46 PM

It would be great to be able to skip tracks on my movies in My Library instead of having to fast forward the old fashioned way. You already have the buttons on the remote, can we use them?

by jjburf on ‎05-22-2013 07:30 AM
If you want to move around a VOD move the fast forward only does x 2 speed.
Totally worthless. Takes an hour of fast forwarding to see the end again.
Awful design.
Needs x2x4x8 and chapter markers. Will never rent a move from FIOS again. Got an Apple TV.
by Mkenny10 on ‎08-07-2013 09:49 PM

I'd like to apologize in advance if the answer or solution to my question has been posted on one of these forums but ... I see that someone asked if there is (or will be) a way to either skip through chapters or fast forward any faster than"2X" while watching anything on demand? It just seems ridiculous that you can fast forward up to "8X" on your DVR'd shows/movies but it takes almost a half hour to fast forward to the middle of an "ondemand" movie. 

Not only was the same question asked almost 3 years ago (by Kier on 8-28-2010) but someone from Verizon actually verified (also 3 years ago by Joe_ambeault on 10-11-2010)  that the capability "to point and skip to chapters" was indeed in progress.... so I'm just curious how many more years it's going to be before that capability is a reality? Please pardon my sarcasm but I just think its funny that 3 years later, we're still fast forwarding at a max speed of 8 seconds at a time. 

So even though I would look like a fool if there actually IS a way to fast forward or skip chapters while watching "on demand"..... I would love for someone prove me wrong... Anyone? Please? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike

by gregpittsburgh on ‎02-09-2014 09:36 PM

I recently changed from Comcast to FIOS TV.  With more and more shows becoming on demand, I have no need for a DVR.  I learned today that skipping forward (or backward), say, 5 minutes at a time is not possible with FIOS TV if you do NOT subscribe to the DVR service.  Comcast permitted this.  I am certain it would be an easy upgrade for FIOS to make function available for those of us who have no need for a DVR, but wish to skip through chunks of on demand shows at one time.  Please do so soon.

by bootsy1121 ‎02-10-2014 09:15 AM - edited ‎02-10-2014 09:16 AM

I definitely agree with skip forward while watching on demand. It's just so annoying that you can do it with DVR but not on demand. Please be aloud to fast forward with on demand.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools