Customers With Disabilities
virtualbelinda

Local Content

by virtualbelinda on ‎09-10-2011 03:32 PM

I love my FIOS, but I am considering switching back to Time Warner because you have no local coverage. Time Warner has News 12 for Westchester and Long Island. They also have NY1 for NYC. We have one major newspaper for this large, densely populated complicated area that is Westchester County. A secondary news source like News 12 is more than a luxury, it is practically essential. Please consider either making a deal to bring these channels to Westchester and NYC residents or create your own news stations. I cannot continue to be in the dark in this area where even as I type sitting in my home uncomfortably close to both Indian Point and NYC, we are under threat of a terrorist attack, of what type we do not know. The citizens of Westchester need a News 12 type station and a NY1 type station.

Comments
by on ‎09-10-2011 06:46 PM

verizon already has a news station called fios 1 news based in long island. www.fios1news.com .

by on ‎09-11-2011 06:31 AM

you can watch live coverage of 9/11 on the fios 1 news website. www.fios1news.com/longisland.

verizon does plan to expand fios 1 news to other areas that verizon fios has sometime in the future.

by virtualbelinda ‎09-11-2011 07:53 AM - edited ‎09-11-2011 07:54 AM

Thank you JWeiland11, I do appreciate that information. I do not know how much of Westchester is covered by FIOS, but even though we are geographically close, we are a completely different community from Long Island so Long Island coverage does not help us. It does indicate that they know there is a need, so that is good news. I hope they get to Westchester soon.

by Employee on ‎10-04-2011 12:41 PM
Status changed to: In Progress

by newyorker28 on ‎10-13-2012 02:46 PM

I was a Time Warner subscriber before I switched to FIOS.  I loved the NY1 channel.  Friends who still use T-Warner

tell me they don't want to switch to FIOS because they don't want to lose NY1.

Can you develop a similar channel for us?

by on ‎10-13-2012 08:38 PM

I'm very excited to see that the status is now "In Progress."

I'm also in Westchester, and I've written elsewhere about how for years the prospect of losing News12 kept me from switching to FiOS.  

In the meantime, you can watch News12 Westchester and News12 Hudson Valley on the News12 website.  You have to watch extra website commercials as well as the usual News12 commercials, and there's no FF, etc., but it's better than nothing.  Try using your Cablevision account number to get access.

I lived in NYC when NY1 started, and it was much, much better than News 12.  So if Fios1 is anything like NY1, it will be wonderful.  

And yes, everybody: Long Island is totally irrelevant to Westchester, except maybe for people who live on Long Island Sound.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎10-13-2012 08:52 PM

Ann,

You might want to take a look at the date on that "in progress" post by long gone Joe - 10/4/2011.

by on ‎10-13-2012 11:01 PM

I should have known it was too good to be true.  I guess I was so excited that I forgot how to read!

by on ‎09-25-2013 05:03 PM

FIOS news 1 NYC (manhattan, staten island, brooklyn)

by bootsy1121 ‎02-10-2014 09:21 AM - edited ‎02-10-2014 09:22 AM

When I had a subscription with Comcast, they had local channels. Please get local channels, I hate to have to watch the weather or traffic for another state other than my own. They don't give us our weather or traffic updates as if we had our own local channels.

I am looking to get 12 News channel.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools