Customers With Disabilities
Jezziye

Local News

by Jezziye on ‎09-04-2011 08:51 PM
Please add a 24hour local news channel, I want to know what is going on in my own actual neighborhood (Brooklyn, NY) Fios only offers channel 1 for local news which is based only Long Island. Fios you do know that you have customers in other locations right???? Accommodate them!!!!!!
Comments
by on ‎09-06-2011 10:49 AM

LOCAL NEWS FOR STATEN ISLAND please ty FIOS 1 NEWS NYC

by on ‎09-08-2011 08:37 PM

hello people in staten island exist too where our local new channel (fios 1 NEWS) NYC please

by Employee on ‎09-12-2011 04:22 AM
Status changed to: In Progress

by on ‎10-24-2011 01:35 PM

FIOS 1 news in NYC please (staten island content please ty)

by dbranchel on ‎01-05-2012 07:25 PM
I just left Cablevision, but the only thing missing is My Freaking News. When I get home at midnight, I'd like to See the news... Not wait til the morning. Not to mention, U have Fios Local News, Yet I'm in Brooklyn, but U Only View Long Island as a LOCAL News? Can We Please get Local News? Verizon name Should Speak for Itself... Please, can I get My News When I want it? Thanx In Advance! (Brooklyn)
by Silver Contributor III on ‎01-06-2012 03:03 PM

I don't think that FIOS should be in the news business. There are enough other local news channels (at least in the major cities). Would rather they spend their money and energies on things that beneit all subscribers rather that some in local areas. If it means that much to you, then change service providers.

by on ‎01-20-2012 12:48 AM - last edited on ‎03-11-2012 07:25 PM by Moderator

I'm in the Hudson Valley.  Many people I've asked stay with Cablevision, which they hate, only in order to keep News12 Westchester and the local weather station.  Others switch to FIOS but keep basic cable for those stations.  When I got FIOS, I subscribed to News12 on the internet, but it's even crappier than the TV station. 

Somewhere I saw that we might get the new station this month.  Is this true? 

My message in an answer to this one, which says it was moved to this page.  I can't find it, so I've copied it:

dept19engine
Its Really Time To Expand Fios 1
by dept19engine on 01-05-2012 07:53 PM

Ok...so Fios1 has been available for Long Island and Northern New Jersey for some time, meanwhile the rest of us have been patiently waiting. I've been told by a few Verizon employees that local news channels are planned for several other areas, but seriously how long does it take to roll them out? Cablevisions prices were ridiculous, the quality of the broadcast was crap, but it was almost worth it to actually get news from my town. I'm sorry to say that I didn't really know how important it was to conveniently find out what's going on around you until I switched to Fios. As good as the service is, its worthless without a local news station. Its time to roll it out in the Hudson Valley.

Please leave comments and votes on the original idea at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Local-News/idi-p/342831

by renees on ‎02-25-2012 07:04 PM

I also live in Brooklyn not Long Island.  I need local news not Long Island news.   How could Verizon think this is acceptable  to show only Long Island news to the five boros of New York.  Duhhhhhhh...........................

by Rickstar on ‎09-01-2012 06:01 AM
Simple math, 3M people on long island FIOS competes with channel 12 news. 8M people in NYC, FIOS offers no local news. Verizon believes either one of two things; 1)NYC plays second fiddle to long island, or 2)FIOS NYC news wouldn't be able to compete with NY1. Either way verizon should fire whoever made the decision to chose long island news over NYC and hire someone with local knowledge to get a NYC news channel up and running. In this digital media and blazing fast Internet era nyc Verizon customers need a dedicated news channel
by nlh245 on ‎09-23-2012 08:14 PM - last edited on ‎09-24-2012 06:17 AM by Moderator

Hey Verizon, with all the HD and hundreds of channels you provide, why don't you include our local news like Westchester News12 or NY1 News in any of your lineups? Switching from Cablevision, was a joy until I realized, I couldn't watch the local daily news regarding my community. It's a shame you don't carry these wonderful informational channels, that the vast area outside of the city could definitely use. Please recognize, the regular morning and evening news on the major channels here in NY (Channels 2,4,5,7) focus on New York City, the 5 Boroughs and even NJ and Connecticut.  Its a pain having to log onto Westchester News12 website early in the morning to find out any breaking news in our area, our local government issues, our traffic, our weather, our community events, etc. PLEASE, STRONGLY CONSIDER ADDING AT LEAST, WESTCHESTER NEWS12 TO YOUR LINEUP! THOUSANDS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS WOULD GIVE YOU EVEN BETTER RATINGS, REVIEWS AND REFERRALS!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools