Customers With Disabilities
prisaz

Lock the thread once voting starts?

by on ‎09-28-2010 04:40 PM

To many comments. Vote and we get it or don't. I think once a request is made, and voting starts the thread should be locked. I do not know if this is possible while still allowing votes???? Current method of Ideas board ends up just like another thread on another board. Many many comments, and off topic posts. Impossible to moderate, and an over whelming amount of work to maintain.

Perhaps our Lithium folks could tell us. I think this is what is required if the channel voting board is ever created. Administrators' and moderators' comments only based on status.

We will keep the discussion open on the main Idea Exchange. We've actually seen some good discussion, and there are often valuable follow-up ideas posted as comments.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus ‎09-29-2010 07:25 AM - edited ‎09-29-2010 07:26 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thanks for the suggestion. That's definitely the consideration for the channel board we're discussing.

I don't think we're going to lock discussion on the main Idea Exchange. We've actually seen some good discussion, and some valuable follow-up ideas posted as comments.

by on ‎09-29-2010 05:29 PM

OK OK. I agree this board should stay the way it is, due to the simple fact regarding the productive discussions that sometimes take place about an idea. I was just thinking that it keeps you so so busy. ;-) Plus not every comment is a productive one, but yes all should be heard. I know I have made an unproductive comment or a few in my time.

I like the Ideas board, for the simple fact our ideas get a fairly quick response from the powers to be.

Thank you

by Admin Emeritus on ‎09-30-2010 10:28 AM

prisaz-

Thanks, and thanks for your help and suggestions!

I will bring your suggestions up to the team.

Doug

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 12:02 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-06-2010 02:03 PM
Status changed to: Not Likely
We will keep the discussion open on the main Idea Exchange. We've actually seen some good discussion, and there are often valuable follow-up ideas posted as comments.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools