Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
prisaz

Make the Wifi remote work without needing to go out on the Verizon network and back.

by on ‎05-12-2012 06:59 AM - last edited on ‎05-12-2012 07:54 AM by Moderator

PLEASE

We need this just to work locally.

The app seems like the remote DVR, where it goes out to Verizon servers and then back you your STB. Why not IP to the router Wifi and then directly to the box. Not to Verizon and back to a gateway not found error. Or STB/DVR not communicating.

Just like the PC remote program that I asked for that could be loaded on your work station or laptop that uses Wifi or hardwired ethernet and would be direct from your computer to the STB or DVR. A user could sit at the couch and do searches with a full size PC, or laptop size keyboard. This would even take load off of the Verizon servers.

Why should Wifi not have a local connect feature where it does not require to be routed through Verizon's servers?

If WiFi is the standard for you, make it work without going out to the Verizon network and back. I tried my iPhone and it did not work without connecting to the verizon network, even though I entered the correct number provided on the screen.

All the apps or programs act like your are tring to do everything from outside your house from another State. NO it should be a simple thing for it to go IP through the router straight to the box. All you would need for the local option is to add the STB ID number and code to scan the local network for the ID. Bing you have it and everyone that wants a local RF remote would have it with just a tweek of your code.

Not part of your media software, but the remote software offered for the phones that could be used via wifi. And if possible the same program compiled for a PC..

This would also allow you to have two boxes sitting side by side and controlled seperately. Where the IR remote does not.

Hey Prisaz- I'll make sure the proper team within Verizon sees this. Thanks!
Comments
by MVP PJL on ‎05-12-2012 09:43 AM
Need this for Android -- a tablet running CM7.
by on ‎05-14-2012 09:33 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Hey Prisaz- I'll make sure the proper team within Verizon sees this. Thanks!
by ‎05-16-2012 05:26 PM - edited ‎05-16-2012 05:28 PM

Update. As long as your Remote DVR works, your WiFi Remote works. My Remote DVR is now working, and so is my Wifi Remote.

But the Wifi remote should work regardlesss! It is local, or should be. Thus make the remote feature local just like the IR remote, but just through the router wireless port. The schedule is in the STB and DVR, so why load up the servers with WiFi traffic? I can understand if you are away from home, but the software should see if it is a local connection. Hey I am on the same network as the DVR, I can be faster!!! Smart Wifi Remote.:smileysurprised:

I know it probably makes to much since and does not fit into Verizon's marketing ideas.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools