Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
ShazamFTW

Making FIOS available for Xbox by itself.

by ShazamFTW on ‎03-29-2012 06:29 AM

So, long story short. I don't have a cable service right now. I don't watch enough TV to support it frankly. What I do have is a Hulu Plus account that streams through my XBox, and that does me just fine. But, I would like something better if it became available.

So I looked at FIOS, and I liked what I saw, but since I live in West Des Moines, the service as a whole isn't available. I really wouldn't want the whole package, I'd just like what's available through the XBox portion.

Have you folks considered putting together a small package that would be available just for XBox customers with no other aspects? (no home box or anything) Because I can't warrant dropping $80 a month for it when I could just go get cable if that's what I really wanted. Something like $20 / month for Xbox access would be perfect, but it doesn't appear that option exists.

Just a thought.

Comments
by on ‎03-29-2012 07:49 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thanks for the suggestion- I'll make sure this gets to the right group within Verizon.
by Gold Contributor V on ‎03-30-2012 12:47 AM

Sounds like you should go with an internet-only plan. Unless I'm misunderstanding what it is that you're asking for...

by DrFlick on ‎04-01-2012 10:19 AM - last edited on ‎04-01-2012 01:36 PM by Moderator

I believe what he is talking about is making a plan available for just the FiOS TV app within the Xbox 360 dahboard that works if there is no FiOS service available for that customer.  We have a few clients that would love to sign up for such a plan since FiOS is not available everywhere we need it, but we still want the content and are willing to pay for it.

Regards,

=D-

{edited for privacy}

by nbannon on ‎04-01-2012 03:59 PM

While we're on this topic why not add a FiOS TV app to PS3?

by Employee on ‎04-10-2012 06:37 AM

For a variety of reasons we cannot offer linear tv services unless you are a FiOS TV Customer attached to our physical network. We're glad you like FiOS and hope to be able to be your service provider in the future, but right now thats just not possible with the xBox service you are describing.

While we cannot comment on any particular activity with respect to our Consumer Electronics partners, we're pleased you would like to access our service on PS3, and will work to provide that capability in the future.

by Employee on ‎04-10-2012 06:38 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools