• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Topher64

Map of fios availability

by Topher64 on ‎09-06-2011 02:39 PM

I wish Verizon had a map of fios availability in my county.  I am looking to buy a house & would like to know where fios is available without having to type every individual address in to check.

Comments
by Employee on ‎09-12-2011 04:19 AM

Understood... however it is more difficult than those wireless charts you are probably referencing, because it is home by home... not even town by town.

by Employee on ‎09-12-2011 04:19 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎12-17-2011 08:48 AM
That appears to exist, unless I am mistaken. Points to http://communities.verizon.com/fiosavail/
by Human on ‎04-08-2012 12:37 PM

Joe, it's not that difficult.  You already have a database of addresses, mapped to YES/NO for FiOS availability, since it's how your online availability check works.  You would simply need to display the YES/NO values on a map.

dslr595148, your link is for rental property only, but it at least proves the concept.

by UnhappyWithTWC on ‎09-22-2012 04:44 PM

I am tried of th FIOS ads.  When the heck is FIOS going to be available in my area.  There are plenty of unhappy cable customers so you would think that Verizon would be spend more time and money to get new customers.  I dont want Verizon DSL and phone with DriectTV, I want FIOS.

by SteveWiz613 on ‎12-13-2012 07:42 AM

How about letting me (a DSL customer) know when FIOS might be available in my area? I have only been trying to find this out for almost 2 years by periodically calling and getting no information. I see Verizon vans in my area advertising FIOS.

by FrustratedOne on ‎01-10-2013 01:41 PM

Every once in a while I check for FIOS availability in my area.  Used to be able to put in street and zip and get a yes or no.  Now, you ask for account information to answer the question,  Eventhough I am logged in you want me to give you account number and password.  Why?!!  It is annoying!  Just answer the question.

by on ‎01-10-2013 03:27 PM
Status changed to: Already Exists
Try this link: http://www22.verizon.com/?lid=//global//residential Go to the bottom center of the page a click on the Check Availability Link. You will be prompted to enter your address. Do not choose the already a customer. This should help?
by gpc2012 on ‎02-25-2013 07:26 AM

It would be nice if Verizon would create a map to indicate when the new FIOS will be available in your area.  It's impossible to find out if it's going to be two week or two years before I can get FIOS

by gman66 on ‎06-18-2013 01:34 AM - last edited on ‎06-18-2013 04:21 AM by Moderator

I finally found a FIOS availability map online. It looks pretty sparse so don't get your hopes up unles you live in NYC, Pittsburgh or some other really major metropolitan area. Looks like a failed venture. More like a scam to keep hawking the 1987 DSL technology at high speed prices. I just got through with an hour long unwanted chat where they kept attempting to set me up with 1mb/sec DSL when I already have 30Mb/sc broadband. I was only trying to check if FIOS was available in my area yet after waiting 3 years from the last time I inquired.. The chat window popped up when I was just looking at the site. I X'd it out and it popped up again so I figured I'd chat. Even after explaining I have 30Mb/sec cable the agent kept hawking the half notch above dial up DSL service. The crazy part is they charge $54.95 for .8 - 1mb/sec and an additional $10/mo for the 1.1 to 3mb/sec. Everyone I know around here that can only get DSL NEVER get more then 1mb/sec even though they pay for the 1.1 to 3mb $10 fee. Then I decided to check out their FIOS speedtest simulator to compare my present cable modem to what FIOS would be. They have their speed test set to chop your actual download speed exactly in half of what it really is! I ran their speed test in 1 window and speedtest net in another window side by side. First I ran theirs and it said my download speed was 12.22mb/sec down 2.42mb up. When it was done I ran the real speedtest dot net test and my true download speed was 24.46mb/sec down and 4.8mb up! At that point I had to call shenannigans on their whole operation! lol Seems like there is laws against such deceptive practices. I guess they figure the majority of people are technically retarded so they just wow them with fancy flash and high speed numbers.

I guess that about wraps up my Verizon FIOS rant. I had a feeling it was a pipe dream but I had no idea it was an all out marketing scam! Think about it. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to redo the entire antique twisted pair telephone system with fiber optic cabling to make their dream come true? I was inside a Verizon switch room in a small town with only 2000 people and the switch room with all the antique racks with twisted pairs was mind boggling! Huge 4" cables coming in with 100's of pairs each! It's pretty safe to bet that they will never ever switch it all over even in all the metropolitan areas. After the full on attack marketing during that chat session I realized it was all just a ploy to keep the old twisted pairs electricity bill paid by people that can't get cable broadband where they live. DSL is the only thing keeping verizons twisted pairs alive. I haven't had a land line twisted pair phone in 7 years now and I only know 4 or 5 really old people that still do. They still have to pay money to call outside their town too! **bleep** Why anyone would still have one of those land lines is a mystery to me. Anyway, If you have any information to ad to my findings I would love to hear from you. My email is {edited for privacy}. I'd also love to hear from someone that actually has FIOS as I never met anyone yet. Could you imagine that if it was totally a fake marketing scam to keep DSL and the twisted pair system alive through the cell phone era and the total thrashing the cable broadband industry has smaked down upon them? Oh no, I hope I didn't uncover a major conspiracy that will get me picked up by the white verizon trucks in the dead of night to be dealth with! I can see it now, In some dark control room a red antique miniture incandest lightbulb on a plexiglass map over my location will start flashing soon after I post this scambling the special team assembled from fired Black Water employees to go silence people that figure out FIOS is just a fabricated marketng scam to keep the twisted pairs on life support! It's been so long since I have been seeing ads and not actually seeing anything but people complaining about not having it I'm really starting to believe it is a scam. What do you think? Goodnight my fellow NON FIOS having compadres....

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools