• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
dkhieu88

Modify LOCATE ME feature for home phone

by dkhieu88 on ‎02-09-2012 09:09 AM

Currently, when the LOCATE ME feature is turned on with, say 3 rings, then the home number rings 3 times, then a "THE PERSON is being LOCATED" message comes on, before the so-called located phone number rings.

Is there a way that we can turn off that message. I think the call-forwarding action should be completely seamless. The caller should not need to know that the call is being forwarded.

Appreciate your feedback. We probably would not eliminate the message because most callers are used to calls being answered after 3-5 rings with voice mail or answering machines. With Locate Me, they could hear considerable more rings and hang up without an alert that the system is trying to locate you. You could use Simultaneous Ring so your callers won't hear any kind of message but the ringing cycle would be like they are accustomed to.
Comments
by Moderator on ‎02-09-2012 03:12 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Employee on ‎03-23-2012 11:51 AM
Status changed to: Not Likely
Appreciate your feedback. We probably would not eliminate the message because most callers are used to calls being answered after 3-5 rings with voice mail or answering machines. With Locate Me, they could hear considerable more rings and hang up without an alert that the system is trying to locate you. You could use Simultaneous Ring so your callers won't hear any kind of message but the ringing cycle would be like they are accustomed to.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools