• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
janis

More Set Top Box Suggestions to Make Life Easier

by janis on ‎04-18-2012 08:54 AM

I find that the channel display stays on for, at least, a full 30 seconds, then switches back to the time.  It would be great if that amount of time could be adjusted to a lesser time.  Say 5, 10, 15 seconds.

Also, with Time Warner, going to "Favorites" was so much easier.  I'd enter Favorites and just use the up or down arrows to actually see the program currently running, on the screen.  With Fios, I have to go to Favorites, which takes me to my Favorites Guide first, then using the up and down buttons to get to a program, then clicking "Okay" to get "into" the program, then if it isn't interesting, having to go to the Guide again, and doing that whole process all over again.  Or while viewing a favorite, using the up or down button to see a description of the next program, rather than the actual program running on that channel.   By pressing "Favorites" and seeing the actual picture of what's on is so much easier.  Click on the up or down, see what's actual playing and able to view it.

The multiple steps could be a deal breaker for older users.

All processes were at best, one to two step procedures, as opposed to multiple steps to accomplish simple tasks.  If there is some way to combine Time Warner's user friendly features and the reliability and speed and crystal clear visuals of Fios, you'd have the perfect service.

we appreciate your feedback on the number of clicks required to use the service. That is useful feedback and we will certainly look into it.
Comments
by on ‎04-19-2012 12:28 AM

The same channel display idea was suggested in 2010.  You can still vote for it at

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Limit-the-amount-of-time-that-channel-dis... 

This was the response at the time:

"With each release of the Interactive Media Guide (IMG) we seek to provide ever growing number of customization options... this is next on deck, based on requests here and Twitter."

I hope that no one has been holding his or her breath all that time.

by Employee on ‎04-19-2012 11:45 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
we appreciate your feedback on the number of clicks required to use the service. That is useful feedback and we will certainly look into it.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools