Customers With Disabilities
simmersj

Music Choice

by simmersj on ‎04-25-2012 04:59 PM

What happen to Music Choice? They changed to format and made it much less interesting. I see they set the "MC" for Music Choice in huge font and the information about the music too small to read? It's not about advertising your brand, it's about providing a good product.

Thanks for your suggestion- I'll make sure it get to the proper people within Verizon.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-25-2012 06:27 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thanks for your suggestion- I'll make sure it get to the proper people within Verizon.
by on ‎04-25-2012 11:07 PM

Horrible bright colors that burn my eyes across the room, even when I'm not looking in that direction!  I can't read the information at all.  Luckily, they seem to play the same artists and even the same tracks over and over and over, and I don't have to read them to know what they are (I mostly listen to jazz).  But still...

To be fair, this seems to be an independent channel, not Verizon.  They seem to be on every cable company.  Maybe we should try to contact them on their own website, but I doubt that it will make any difference.  You can leave a comment at the bottom of the following link: 

http://www.musicchoice.com/AboutMusicChoice.aspx#Comment

by b727bil on ‎04-26-2012 02:40 PM

We listen to Music Choice several hours each day, but the recent change in the video portion - large "MC Music Choice" in same spot on the screen is causing concern about burn-in and the the info at the bottom left is too small and out of proportion.  Would request Music Choice to go back to previous format.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎04-26-2012 02:45 PM

I never listen to the Music Choice channels, but after seeing this topic I went and looked, and you folks are right, it is just awful. And like b727bil said, if I had an older Plasma TV I would be very worried about burn-in.

Is that screen created and maintained by Verizon or the Music Choice folks? It may be that Verizon can't fix it themselves, but whoever is responsible, it really does need revision - tone down the brightness and change the font sizes.

by on ‎04-29-2012 03:44 PM

I listen to MC as well and find the  the new screens to be unbelievably awful. But, is this really a Verizon issue or a Music Choice issue?

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎04-29-2012 04:01 PM

I just followed the link that AnnJ posted to the Music Choice website, and the awful screens are there on their website. So it is Music Choice, not Verizon, that has screwed this up. I guess we all need to follow her link and express our displeasure.

Image 363.jpg

by user5million on ‎04-30-2012 07:37 PM

I agree!  So I just tune the set top box, turn off the tv and listen on audio out to surround or stereo.

Beats the heck out of the endless commercials on FM radio, But I did like the pix and info before the change.

by on ‎05-01-2012 11:36 PM

user5million - Can you - or anyone else - tell me how to set it up so I can listen to the TV without the picture? 

I may not be able to do it because I'm using a very old SD TV, but I'd like to try if possible.  Thanks.

by shannone ‎05-28-2012 09:05 AM - edited ‎05-28-2012 09:06 AM

I actually like the change! It's simple and streamlined. The old format looked a little more 1990s. We enjoy the "Did U Know" facts as well.

by on ‎05-30-2012 10:29 PM

Good news.  I told a friend about the burn-in problem and she told me that they've changed Music Choice again - I don't know exactly when.  So I checked and I see that the material on the screen changes much more often.  And it seems to be easier to read now.  There also seem to be more ads, but that doesn't bother me, as long as they're just visual.  

Still no pictures, however.

I'd like to think that Music Choice changed their screen because of all of us contacting them.  

I'm posting this on both threads about Music Choice.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools