Customers With Disabilities
nealz

Mute sound at Pause Timeout.

by nealz on ‎03-29-2012 05:40 PM

The biggest issue I have with the pause feature is when it timeouts on the pause is it goes to Live TV with Fully Sound on.  

Can the timeout at least go to a timeout screen for user to confirm and or go to live TV with sound Muted?

Comments
by on ‎03-29-2012 06:20 PM

My pause lasts a very long time; I would guess that it's more than 10 minutes.  But if I know I'm going to need it longer, such as when I want to answer a phone call, I pause and then turn off the STB.  That avoids that TV coming back on very loud.

by Mistaya on ‎04-23-2012 10:15 PM

It still should not go from mute to blaring tv. It happens to us too and it is really irritating. My husband does a lot of work from home and what we think is just going to be a few minutes turns into longer and then everyone is jumping for the remote to mute the TV again. This needs to be fixed. I think a screen saver is a very good idea or at least have the box remember it is in mute if it is going to go to live TV.

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:09 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools