Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
fttp4me

NEW ROUTER -Increase NAT Table in FiOS routers and support full dual-channel Wireless N

by fttp4me on ‎02-02-2011 11:55 AM

#1 - The NAT table in the FiOS routers just don't cut it for online gaming, especially where several hundred servers are refreshed frequently.  Please do the relatively easy job of making a router with a MUCH MUCH larger NAT table than what the current routers have.  Practically any consumer router out in stores has a larger NAT table than the Actiontec.

#2 - Next router should support Full Wireless N.  The current REV F. Actiontec is only single channel Wireless compatible which tops out at 65mbps.  Full Wireless N routers currently support 300mbps.

Check back in periodically to see what routers options are avaialble

Comments
by Durgz on ‎02-03-2011 07:48 AM

I promote this comment

by Chukronos on ‎02-05-2011 11:24 AM

I agree!  

by alevenso ‎02-07-2011 11:41 AM - edited ‎02-07-2011 11:43 AM

there is a rev G out there in the wild and spec'ed out on the Actiontec web site -I would even add that you should give customers who pay for a certain level of service have priority to get a higher rev router when they are available -

by Admin Emeritus on ‎02-08-2011 10:27 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Employee ‎02-09-2011 10:56 AM - edited ‎02-15-2011 08:38 AM
Status changed to: In Progress

by miketx1 on ‎02-15-2011 10:42 AM

----------------------

Check where?

by schwit on ‎02-27-2011 06:15 PM
The answer is to get rid of the requirement to have to use Verizon's router. This was not the most intelligent idea to begin with.
by OldMusic on ‎03-26-2011 12:42 PM

I was told by a Verizon tech during a chat that the "G" router did not exist. When I challenged him he admitted it existed but that I " would never get it!"   I was then told it was only for business level customers only.  He ended the chat before I could even explain that I was only asking about it for my internal network.  I would like to see 4  1gig ports on the router as well as wireless N.  The Actiontec router should not be slowing down my lan.

by on ‎03-26-2011 04:48 PM

OldMusic

get a low cost gigabit switch and plug that into the Verizon router. Everything else into the switch.

by icalvo on ‎03-30-2011 12:51 PM

Is there any updates on upgrading or purchasing this "G" Rev Router with Gigabit? 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools