• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
tgoelz

New TV Guide is a bust

by tgoelz on ‎07-06-2011 01:43 PM

Sirs,  I came home from work and had to wait to find out you upgraded the TV Guide (if you want to call it an upgrade).  I personally think it is two step backward and closely resembles the Comcast TV Guide of a few years ago.   Not only is the TV Guide poor programming choice but it also does not hold to the "Favorites" when the box is turned off.  In these days of resources conservation, I think that leaving the box turned on is a waste of resources and not very green thinking.  I wonder who the "airhead" was that OK'ed this (so called) upgrade.  I feel with this new TV Guide you've really screwed up.

Comments
by bigclamdaddy on ‎07-06-2011 04:40 PM

I agree. The new guide is hard to see/read. Very bad.

by butterpat on ‎07-06-2011 05:07 PM

I have moderate vision problems -- nothing serious enough to be an issue with the old guide software or with Comcast's prreviously.  I absolutely cannot read the new guide.  The television and DVR service are now irrelevant to me.  I guess I'm in the market for a new TV/internet/phone provider.  And I have been perfectly happy up until this unbelievably stupid change.

by Employee on ‎07-07-2011 03:30 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by kingdad on ‎07-07-2011 09:38 AM

This really sucks the guide may look good on a HD TV but we can't all go out and buy new TV's if this can't be changed IM goanna have to change services I guide I can't read is not a guide

by on ‎07-08-2011 05:44 PM

If these complaints delay the rollout to VHO 7, I'm going to have a massive fit. Just so you know ahead of time.

by rhooie on ‎07-10-2011 11:36 AM

Hate the new guide. When I went from Brighthouse to FIOS I really liked Brighthouse's guide much better. But I got used to the FIOS. However, I really hate this one FIOS has forced on me. If they don't listen to reason and go back to the old guide, I am going back to Brighthouse.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎07-11-2011 01:06 PM
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎07-12-2011 02:31 PM

Please see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/New-TV-Guide-is-a-bust/idi-p/323531 to vote.

That is this thread, I can't vote. Unlock this thread, so users can vote.

OR point to the right thread, so that users can vote.

by Lester123 on ‎09-14-2011 09:07 PM

My kids (ages 9 & 7) brought the new look to my attention this morning after our system updated....and they were extremely annoyed. After seeing it for myself, I couldn't agree more. There is WAY too much on the Guide screens, it's difficult to read and just plain confusing. There was nothing wrong with the old version. PLEASE change it back to the way it was!

by bwoodhi1 on ‎09-14-2011 11:45 PM

Please wait a week or two. Everything new takes a bit of time to get used to. Maybe you'll like it better once you're used to it. Hard to know on the first day (although I DO like it better).

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools