• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
tgoelz

New TV Guide is a bust

by tgoelz on ‎07-06-2011 01:43 PM

Sirs,  I came home from work and had to wait to find out you upgraded the TV Guide (if you want to call it an upgrade).  I personally think it is two step backward and closely resembles the Comcast TV Guide of a few years ago.   Not only is the TV Guide poor programming choice but it also does not hold to the "Favorites" when the box is turned off.  In these days of resources conservation, I think that leaving the box turned on is a waste of resources and not very green thinking.  I wonder who the "airhead" was that OK'ed this (so called) upgrade.  I feel with this new TV Guide you've really screwed up.

Comments
by Michael1 on ‎01-20-2012 10:59 AM - last edited on ‎01-20-2012 11:52 AM by Moderator

Since Fios made some changes, there has been a light blue boarder at the

bottom of the screen each time I change the channel ... this is VERY ANNOYING!!!  I have

to either press the exit button or wait until the boarder goes away.  PLEASE take away

the boarder.

Please let me know if this can be done.

Thanks

S.Jabor

{edited for privacy}

by bysmiles on ‎01-20-2012 07:18 PM

Please fix this!  I turn my tv off in frustration not being able to read the tiny font. 

by Jeannie1 on ‎01-20-2012 07:46 PM

I agree! This guide has got to go. I have HD and it still is difficult to read. In the On Demand menu you can't see the entire episode with number so you have to keep rocking back and forth to figure out where you are when scrolling through a series episodes.

Verizon! Change it back to the old guide. You don't try to fix something that isn't working.

White on blue = very difficult to read.

Thinking of going back to Comcast now.

by rcboater on ‎01-21-2012 09:08 PM

I don't like the new guide, either. 

The colors make it harder to read form a distance, and there is less info on the screen than before--  a small number of channels are shown in each full screen. 

by Bunty on ‎01-22-2012 06:09 PM

I most heartily agree with the many who find it difficult to read the white printing on light blue background. Perhaps if you made the blue darker or the print in black it would solve the problem. A large number of people have expressed their dislike of the currant way and spoke of switching  carriers.  I like Verizon and hope that they heed the concerns of their customers. Thank you....."Bunty"

by dbh31 on ‎01-26-2012 08:34 AM

I concur - the new menu changes are not to the good.  My first words were "this looks like the old Comcast menu".   It has me wondering who do you use to recommend these changes - aliens from outer space?  People who have never used or seen a tv menu before - so that anything looks good to them?

by FWEhr on ‎01-27-2012 12:10 PM

Just returned from vacation to find the new guide. I was forewarned but did not expect it to be a step backward from previous version. In particular, as mentioned by other posters, the current channel info (channel #, program summary, duration, ...) now persists for 10 seconds as opposed to 4 or 5 in the previous version. That is MUCH LONGER THAN NECESSARY. So now I have to press the Exit key to force it to disappear. And although some Verizon employee bragged about all the new settings in this software version, there is no way apparently to change this dwell time. Verizon, you have made a mistake.

Second complaint: the highlighted / expanded channel (the one in center of guide listing) used to have a progress bar that very quickly revealed how much of the program had already passed. For example, a movie that began an hour ago. You took this away and force us to read the text of the start and end time. Did your alleged extensive user testing reveal that customers thought the progress bar was a bad thing?

I have yet to discover any new guide feature to offset these gaffes. 

by mshear on ‎01-28-2012 10:38 AM

Here is what needs to be done. Start with a new team. Start with a blank sheet of paper. You are not going to be able to band-aid a poorly designed channel guide. You will have to do what should have been done before launching this poorly designed and poor functioning essential customer experience service. If you are reading this carefully you will have figured out two key points. 1) the existing channel guide is poor. 2) start over with a new team and a blank sheet of paper.

by laura94r on ‎01-31-2012 11:32 AM

I Absolutely hate it I can't see a thing at all... So hard to see all the Colors... Not only that but it doesn't scroll as well as it did before it gets stuck and forces you to scroll real slow or miss what was on that channel,,,and now this morning also the on demand section is horrible... Like it back the old way..If it aint broke don't fix it gezzz

Laura

by Sigi on ‎02-04-2012 07:30 AM

The new guide and DVR screen are difficult to read. The font is not vision friendly and  is too small and a poor choice for anyone with even the slightest vision problems. The white on grey or blue is also a poor choice. More contrast is needed. The screen is too "busy" looking.  The old guide was much better form a visual point of view.  The menu needs to be functional for all users.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools