Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
fttp4me

Next Generation IMG pointer and touch based controls on screen.

by fttp4me on ‎01-29-2011 10:26 AM

I realize this idea won't make it into the next few releases of the IMG, but the next big leap I would like to see is pointer like control for the guide.  Scroll, scroll, scroll, is old.  Take the Nintendo Wii console for example.  Using simple IR technology, an on screen pointer can be used to select items on screen.  This is a lot more intuitive than scrolling through items.  Another implementation could be to expand the FiOS Remote app for cellphone, tablets, and home pc to be WYSIWYG. So for the PC for example I could move my mouse pointer and I would see a mouse pointer move on the TV screen.  I could type in a search on my regular keyboard and it'll type in on screen simultaneously.  Smartphones and tablet applications would be touch based instead of a pointer, but the idea would be the same, what I do on the device simultaneously comes up on screen.  So instead of scrolling through the guide by pressing the arrow keys, I could swipe my finger across the touch screen and the IMG on the TV will move accordingly, or I could even swype in my searches.

Our senior executive in charge of software development loves this idea... he has been its champion for several years now... we are definitely looking to provide alternate options to the painful arrows and scroll through lists. But as you indicated this will take a bit more time... the good news is the IMG 2.0 is on the drawing board.
Comments
by Employee on ‎02-08-2011 04:56 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Our senior executive in charge of software development loves this idea... he has been its champion for several years now... we are definitely looking to provide alternate options to the painful arrows and scroll through lists. But as you indicated this will take a bit more time... the good news is the IMG 2.0 is on the drawing board.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools