Customers With Disabilities
robintttt

Offer existing customers same deals as new customers

by robintttt on ‎02-17-2011 09:44 AM

I do not understand why Verizon refuses to offer existing customers the same good deals they offer to new customers when it's time for existing customers to renew their contracts.  Since this is the case, I plan to get rid of FiOS TV and FiOS home phone services and only have internet.

The deeper discount for new customers is primarily intended to compensate for the effort involved with switching from another provider... installation, etc...
Comments
by Employee on ‎02-19-2011 04:21 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
The deeper discount for new customers is primarily intended to compensate for the effort involved with switching from another provider... installation, etc...
by jazzbone on ‎03-09-2011 10:42 AM

It is more expensive for Verizon to add a customer than to keep an existing one.

So, existing customers should get better offers!

by nabber00 on ‎09-13-2011 11:30 AM

Verizon is suggesting that new customers are hesitant to switch to Verizon because of up front costs to the customer such as installation, modem purchase, activation fee, etc?  That would make sense, except as far as I can tell all of those things are provided for free for a new customer.  I ordered my FIOS online and didn't have any up front costs.  So what gives?

by magnusfl ‎10-09-2011 04:59 PM - edited ‎10-09-2011 05:01 PM

all this policy like car insurance companys simply keep smart people  hoping back and forth between companys thus costing verizon more the they make

by vzcustomer99 on ‎11-17-2011 07:12 PM

Verizon also refused to rebundle for me even though I have been a customer since the fios becomes available in my area. I was ot aware they gave me only one year promotion but locked me up for a two year contract. I too will only keep the internet when my one year is up. In today's self service age, there really isn't an upfront switching cost.

by val1959 on ‎01-14-2012 04:09 PM

Beware of promotions from Verizon because they do not last as long as your two year contract. Furthermore, Verizon will not even budge to try and keep you as a customer.  They treat loyal and longtime customers terrible!  It's best to go on line to get verizon services because they are cheaper and you do not have to enter into a contract!

by WhiteChocolate on ‎07-06-2012 06:00 PM

Comcast will bend over backwards to keep you as a customer but Verizon does not care about the customer!

by crimson on ‎03-26-2013 10:42 AM

My contract will be up soon and I called Verizon to renew and keep at my current or better price. They said they cannot offer me the advertised low price because that is only for new customers.  To renew will be an additional $20 plus fees.  Unless they try working to keep existing customers they will loose them one by one.

by Chinalady on ‎05-16-2013 10:39 AM

Offering New Customers Better Deals is too get more customers. DUH!. If you cannot get anywhere with an agent, get another provider for 6 months and then call Verizon as a NEW customer. You can and will get the best deal available at the time. All you have to do is return the Set top boxes & Router, everything else stays including the big box that's connected to the incoming cable. I can opt to have Time Warner and they will come and install the cable boxes & router and connect to their existing cable. My Fios cable etc. remains as is. I think it's stupid of Verizon to have you do this but their Marketing CEO gets his bonus and brownie points by the new customer count.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools