Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Benguy

On-line program guide must be easier to access!!!

by Benguy on ‎01-14-2012 10:06 AM

I really don't care much about the interactive program guide on my TV. I generally don't use it except for HBO or occassionally to check channel numbers. But what I REALLY WANT is a better program guide on-line. First, why should we have to sign in to MY VERIZON just to check what's on TV? Is there really something so proprietary about that information that you don't want non-subscribers to see? Signing in has proven to be a very frustrating experience - never seems to work the first time and sometimes I keep getting bounced around in a log-in loop. Maybe it's browser dependent but if I'm on a computer at work or somplace other than home, I don't usually have control over the browser and don't want to be entering my e-mail login that is needed.  Second, Why isn't this available from my phone  - as an app on my VERIZONWIRELESS phone - and Android tablet? I plan my TV viewing BEFORE I sit down to watch but you make it so difficult. It's easier to go to Optimum's website and get the basic program information than it is to get it from my carrier - that's absurd! If I have to go to Optimum often enough, I just  might stay there.

Comments
by Silver Contributor III ‎01-14-2012 07:31 PM - edited ‎01-14-2012 07:31 PM

There are plenty of free sites that allow you to select FIOS as your cable provider and then see what is on (TVGuide Zap2It).

And FIOS does have an app that allows you see what is on. Especially for Android. Download FIOS Remote App. TV Listing is one of the options.

by Jp629 on ‎01-14-2012 09:02 PM
The new channelmguidenis very hard to read.....less info, poor color choice. Please redesign and or return to prior version... NOT A HAPPY VERIZON CUSTOMER.......!!!!!!!
by UB on ‎01-15-2012 09:13 AM

We absolutely hate the new format of the guide.  Specifically the following:

- When you press the remote, there is higher  delay in scrolling.

- The name of the channel is occupying almost 20% of the space.  This is complete waste of space!

- When viewing the channel guide the size of PiP of the actual channel is much smaller than before.

- The color scheme is very bad – it seems that somebody who has absolutely no user experience have come up with the color scheme.

So Verizon pls go back to the original style - you have not made the User experience any better.  As matter of fact there is not a single redeeming quality of the new style.  To  change the style just for sake of changing it,  is jsut plain incompetent!

Sincerely 

by Benguy on ‎01-15-2012 10:20 AM

I gave the guide another chance last night and nearly went blind. It is very pretty, if I just wanted to hang it on the wall, but it is so hard to read. The old format may not have been as "cool" but it was so much easier on the eyes. Please rethink this. Pretty design does not always equal user-friendly (unless, maybe, you're Apple). Verizon, you must make your products and services meet the needs of a wide range of customers, including people whose eyes can't distinguish subtle color/shading. What's wrong with a clear and dimple grid?

by debbielan on ‎01-15-2012 10:42 AM

The new media guide is so small that only those with exceptional vision can see it. It basically SUCKS!

by Moderator on ‎07-13-2012 04:51 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools