Customers With Disabilities
Don57W

On screen guide

by Don57W on ‎12-02-2010 07:15 PM

Having come from Comcast (Lansdale) within a year. I must say that the on-screen listings they have are much better in content and accuracy.  They include the year of every TV show, ratings for movies, and more accurate contents of TV shows.  The only thing I like about Fios better than comcast is the slightly more reliable picture quality.  But when my 2 year term is up I may seriously consider going back to Comcast.  And the only thing stopping me from doing that is the fear of dealing with their HORRIBLE service technicians.

We have two more pieces of tech and some humans to put in place... and you'll see quite a difference.
Comments
by on ‎12-03-2010 12:04 PM

If you think guide data is bad now you should have seen it a year ago.  A complete joke from a 100 Billion dollar company.  I keep getting told it is going to be better.  Loosing patience and I'm out of contract. :smileywink:

by on ‎12-03-2010 03:09 PM

MOST OF THE TIME THE STARS NAMES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE MOVIES & OTHER PROGRAMMING. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH SEVEN DAYS OF PROGRAMMIG TO GET INFORMATION. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PRESS THE (B) BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL TO ADVANCE IN DAYS TO GET PROGRAM INFORMATION.

by nousndthem on ‎12-03-2010 03:12 PM

Movie release dates would be a great adition along with names of actors.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎12-03-2010 03:52 PM

"MOST OF THE TIME THE STARS NAMES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE MOVIES & OTHER PROGRAMMING. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH SEVEN DAYS OF PROGRAMMIG TO GET INFORMATION. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PRESS THE (B) BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL TO ADVANCE IN DAYS TO GET PROGRAM INFORMATION."

Huh? Use the Next and Prev buttons on the remote (on either side of the blue DVR button) to move forward or backward a day at a time in the Guide.

"Movie release dates would be a great adition along with names of actors."

Huh? Just just looked at about a dozen movies and every one had a release date and a list of actors. Now maybe not all actors are listed, but at least some are. Are you using the Info button to see the additional info, like the actors?

Most certainly the Guide data can be improved, but it really has improved in the 5 years I have had FiOS TV. And hopefully it will get even better in the near future.

by on ‎12-03-2010 06:11 PM

THANK YOU  Justin CL EVERYTHING IS FINE NOW I  DID NOT KNOW THIS.  I HAVE BEEN  USING THE  INFO BUTTON BUT WAS ONLY  PRESSING IT ONCE.

jweiland11

by on ‎12-15-2010 08:29 AM

Should be more info in the first screen and not have to press info multiple times. Plus there is not full info in a recorded program.  The detail in a recorded program drops off substantially.

For Sports, the guide is lacking pertinent details such as "LIVE". I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself.  I'm not asking for the world here.  But I can't see how hard it would be to add some useful verbiage to the guide in the FIRST screen.  Air Date, when the guide shows it, is buried in the Full Info screen.  This needs to be addressed.  Thanks! 

by Employee on ‎12-23-2010 04:00 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
We have two more pieces of tech and some humans to put in place... and you'll see quite a difference.
by jsibauste on ‎03-05-2011 02:07 PM

I would like to add my 2 cents here.

In the last 7 years, I have had the following services: Comcast, Direct TV, DishNetwork, Verizon FIOS.

Of them all, I found the DishNetwork Guide to be the best in presentation, information, and usefulness. The easiness to do a search for a program by hitting a button on the remote on a specific program in the guide.

I would suggest that someone takes a look at the Dishnetwork guide and try to emulate it. also, when the guide open in FIOS, because it doesnt take the whole screen, and the default is the middle and makes it bigger than the other ones, it makes it difficult to see the other ones.

I would prefer not to have the focus on the middle one. Also, by making the middle one bigger, the little preview windows, covers part of the top guide and since the guide doesnt stretch all across the widescreen, it is difficult to browse quickly at the screen.

My suggestion are:

1. Make the guide use the whole screen (wide), that way more hours are displayed. In this day an age, people are using wide screen, not 4:3.

2. Make the size of the middle selection same as the others. That way there is more room.

3. Do not use the whole vertical screen. Use 3/4 for the guide, then divide the top between the preview screen and an info section for the program selected.

by AFjetpilot on ‎06-04-2011 02:49 PM

The size of the lettering on the guide is too small.  It's like reading a phone book at 20 yards away.

by dawniegirl on ‎10-14-2011 05:58 PM

There are multiple issues with the on screen guide most of which have already been mentioned but are worth mentioning again:

-You shouldn't have to click 2,3 or 4 times to get ALL the info.  Some of the info should be available on the very first info screen - like for movies the names of the actors, year of movie & star rating & if it's a TV show  whether the program is NEW.  The 2nd click should only be for the full  descriptions.  For everything there shouldn't be more than 2 clicks but yet I think it's a total of 3 to get what you need which is ridiculous.

-New programming is only new the very first time it airs - I have a big problem with shows like Brothers & Sisters & Grey's Anatomy that are shown on ABC late at night or even on other channels that are listed as NEW! They are not & this can cause a problem when using the DVR! (which is another problem in itself). 

-Also when using the guide, if you're scrolling & clicking the 2nd & 3rd timeto get more info & you go back you should NOT end up on the guide channel you're watching but rather end up on the last channel you got the info for.  I have to keep starting over when I'm looking for something to watch! 

- When in full guide mode you can't see what you're watching at all!  So I try to only do it during commercials which again is ridiculous.

I'm sure there's more & I'll come back again to report but the bottom line is that theres way too many clicks involved for getting information on a program, there absolutely should be a star rating & the "NEW" really needs to be evaluated as well as the full screen info covering up the entire program!

I also had Dish Network & agree with the other person that their system was by far the best I've seen.  Verizon needs to take some pointers from them & simplify the entire guide system & add what's really needed.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools