• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
MPStudios

Online Account Access Lockout

by MPStudios on ‎08-24-2011 02:33 PM

I admittedly was late with my payment and as such my account was suspended.  My forgetfulness aside, having the option to still access my account information online and pay my bill should not be stopped. By locking a customer out of their account online you remove the convenience and ease of use for online payments. You offer the option to pay online as a free service, which I appreciate, but locking someone out of online access because of past due balance after only a few days doesn't make sense to me.

You're forcing me to not only make a call but then also charge me to pay my bill over the phone. If I had the option I would have just paid the past due bill online and went about my day. It may be a small inconvenience, yes, but if you are going to lock someone out for a past due payment I would say make it after a longer period of time or still allow a customer to if nothing else still have access to making an online payment even if not allowing "full" account access. Just a thought.

Thank you for you time.

Best Regards,

Major Latimer

Comments
by KridERebew45 on ‎08-25-2011 11:47 AM

Major Latimer, I don't use this service, to pay, Verizon. I use, my online bill pay, from my bank. Just a Thought, Dirk

by Employee on ‎08-25-2011 01:30 PM

When your Verizon internet service has been suspended, you can still pay for free from your computer on the Verizon Internet Access Screen.

Access your internet browser to get the Verizon Internet Access Screen. Based on the type of service you have, FiOS Internet or High Speed Internet, chose one of the options provided to login to review your account information. Once logged in, the 'Pay Your Verizon Outstanding Balance' screen will display for you to make your payment. After the payment is made successfully, the 'Payment Confirmation' screen will display and service will be restored within 4 hours.

by Employee on ‎08-25-2011 01:30 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by roy54 on ‎09-17-2011 07:12 AM

Dawn G.... If they suspend your service you have NO internet to access your browser....

by roy54 on ‎09-17-2011 07:19 AM

Well, I trust we all weathered Hurricane Irene. We on the East Coast have been severely inconvienced by this event to say the least!!!!  My question is.. since a local cable company ( Cox) is GIVING their customers a credit for the time that they lost while their power was out, WHY hasn't Verizon offered their customers the same????? We lost power for close to 7 DAYS.... Sunday at 6:45am till 2:00 pm  Friday!!!!!  NO ANYTHING!!!!!!! Please ask about this if you lost your power for any amount of time...... for what we are getting charged I think we all deserve it!!!!

by Employee on ‎10-28-2011 11:45 AM

We provide a feature called the Verizon Internet Access Screen on the internet that allows suspended customers with Verizon FiOS or Verizon High Speed Internet to pay their full past due balance. Customers with suspended internet service will get the Verizon Internet Access Screen when they try to access the internet from home.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools