Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
PirateJenny

PBS on demand

by PirateJenny on ‎05-02-2012 01:29 PM

I know I'm not the first to request this, but you really should add PBS on demand. I know it's available--I had it with Cablevision. And with the popularity of Sherlock, it would make a lot of sense. Not everyone is able to stay up late enough to watch the Masterpiece shows live.

Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper people in Verizon.
Comments
by on ‎05-02-2012 07:01 PM

i agree

by on ‎05-03-2012 10:26 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper people in Verizon.
by JulieM on ‎05-04-2012 07:21 AM

PirateJenny wrote:

I know I'm not the first to request this, but you really should add PBS on demand. I know it's available--I had it with Cablevision. And with the popularity of Sherlock, it would make a lot of sense. Not everyone is able to stay up late enough to watch the Masterpiece shows live.

I have been requesting PBS on demand since I became a FiOS customer in 2008! I had Comcast before and loved watching PBS shows on demand. I had to get Downton Abbey from Netflix Streaming! Now waiting for Netflix to have season 2!

by on ‎06-29-2012 08:24 AM

PBS.org now streams a lot of its series, including Masterpiece. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch/index.html

by PirateJenny on ‎06-29-2012 09:04 PM

Yes, but I hate watching TV on my computer. And the TV's not new enough to have the capability to stream from the Internet. It was the one thing Cablevision had that I prefer over Fios.

by AKSkinz on ‎09-18-2012 06:43 PM

Please add PBS to your On Demand selection. I can't believe you still don't have it on there. I signed up with FIOS as it used to be the best service going but wow have times changed!. You don't even have complete seasons of HBO shows anymore as most have episodes missing or full seasons (and even some series) are now gone. I had started watching Eastbound and Down as I never got to watch it when it was on and got to halfway through the 3rd season when it was pulled. Comca$t seems to be pulling ahead as it looks like they have a larger selection of On Demand programming and they even bumped everyones Internet speed for free for the top 2 tiers. I've been a subscriber of FIOS since the 1st day it was available on my street and now they want an extra $10-15 bucks to bump my connection speed.

Come on Verizon, get back to your core before people start jumping ship back to Comcast, myself included!!!

by unhappyviewer on ‎01-08-2013 05:43 PM

The absence of PBS on demand is a major drawback of Verizon FIOS. If I had known it, I would not have gotten the services, and if it continues to be the case, I will not renew it. But it begs for an explanation. Have Verizon and PBS been unable to come to terms? What precisely is the obstacle?

by dnlR on ‎01-08-2013 06:05 PM

I want to join the chorus of those who have asked Verizon to add PBS to its on demand channels.  As best I can tell, this request has been made over and over again for the past 4+ years, and Verizon has not provided any response.  This is unacceptable and could very well lead subscribers to switch to Comcast.  Verizon, please provide an adequate answer to the question posed.

by Dublinshar on ‎01-11-2013 12:08 PM

When there is so much competition out there, I would think the smart thing to do is listen to your base. If you lose what you already have, you will not gain it back in new numbers. I personally would like to see PBS on Demand added and I would like Verizon to continue to work on their price structure. I will wait with baited breath to see Seasons 1, 2 and now 3 of Downton Abby on Demand though my Verizon Fios. Don't let me turn blue!

by crenshaw on ‎01-22-2013 04:19 PM

Agreed!  Please add PBS Verizon!  

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools