Customers With Disabilities
malex

Picture in Picture

by malex on ‎07-29-2010 10:36 AM

Does anyone else remember when this used to be a big feature on TV's? Since some of the STB's have dual tuners, I think it'd be a good service to add to FiOS TV...

Comments
by on ‎07-29-2010 10:39 AM

Yes, I had it with Cablevision and there are already buttons on the remote, so it would be good to add.

by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-04-2010 02:38 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Employee on ‎08-16-2010 01:51 PM
Status changed to: Not Likely

by asm20850 on ‎09-19-2010 01:41 PM

Can you clarify why this is not likely.  Other providers offer this functionality with Motorola boxes and it is a highly desirable feature.  It's bad enough that I can't get NFL Sunday Ticket, but I hate not being able to put a game or the RedZone channel in PIP.

by stestement on ‎09-25-2010 01:35 PM

Please consider adding this feature.  I thought it would be standard functionality with our HD DVR box and am surprised and disappointed that Verizon does not support picture in picture.

by Tuftseducated03 on ‎01-24-2011 03:58 PM

Comcast also had this function when I had them 3 years ago and it's worth it.

by Sigma1040 ‎02-27-2011 05:29 AM - edited ‎02-27-2011 05:32 AM

Agreed. I had it on Time Warner too, and those boxes only had two tuners.  I think virtually everyone except FiOS has PiP.  It makes no sense, the box has two tuners.  (Not to mention FiOS's remote controls all have a PiP button...) But I like how it gets set to "Not Likely" and then never commented on again.  It's the same as saying "Your idea is stupid, now go away."

by ArdRi6 on ‎03-16-2011 11:10 AM

I also would like to have PIP. It would be great during baseball season. You could have 2 games on at a time.

by micszy on ‎04-20-2011 08:41 PM

I switched from Cox and PIP was available on all their STBs:  HD, std, std DVR and HD DVR.  This stuff about hardware limits, conflicts and two tuners makes no sense.  If the signal to the box has every channel on it then all it takes is software code to enable PIP and display a second channel. COX std STBs only had one tumer in them and PIP worked using the COX remote. Two of my three TVs were non HD models without their own PIP functionality, but the COX STB was still able to provide PIP displays. Verizon needs to provide PIP and quit making up excuses.

by lorenew on ‎03-28-2013 04:19 PM

Any movement on this "Not Likely" enhancement?  Don't tell me you guys can't figure out how to do it...

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools