Customers With Disabilities
remodb

Please add the channels beIN Sports 1 & 2 to FiOS

by remodb on ‎05-23-2012 10:21 AM

Fox Soccer Channel has lost the rights to broadcast football (soccer) games from top European leagues La Liga (Spain) and Serie A (Italy). Al Jazeera Sports Network has won the rights to broadcast those games for the 2012-2013 seasons onward. They will broadcast the games on their sports channels beIN Sports 1 and beIN Sports 2 which are currently not part of your FiOS channel lineup. 

Unless Verizon adds these channels to their FiOS lineup, Verizon customers in North America will be unable to see any games from La Liga and Serie A. The games won't be available online through legal channels either. This means that Verizon customers will have no access to games from such high profile teams such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, etc. 

Please add beIN Sports 1 and beIN Sports 2 to the FiOS channel lineup. 

It's Here! I'm overjoyed and you will be too! beIN sports is here!

Here are some of the details from our FiOS TV team:

beIN SPORT HD and beIN SPORT en Español HD are available today to FiOS TV customers in Florida, Texas, California and the Pittsburgh area, and will continue to launch in other FiOS TV markets in the coming days and weeks. All FiOS TV customers will have access to both channels by mid-April.

FiOS TV customers will find beIN SPORT HD on channel 598 and beIN SPORT en Español HD on channel 1598. beIN SPORT HD is included in the Ultimate HD package and beIN SPORT en Español is included with La Conexion and the Spanish-language TV package.

Find out the rest of the details here.

Enjoy!

Comments
by RichB123 on ‎08-25-2012 07:27 AM

Please please add beIN Sports 1 & 2 to FiOS, and in HD!!

by pincusterp on ‎08-25-2012 08:35 AM
Just want to add my 2¢ that I would like to see BeInSports added. Coming from dtv recently, it's bad enough that I'm now paying $15/month for Fox Soccer Plus in STANDARD definition! I mean, no HD option for that price? That's highly offensive. With Beinsports now on dtv, but not fios, I'm thankful I suspended my dtv subscription instead of canceling it. If fios doesn't improve quickly I'll be moving back to dtv shortly.
by tifosi1551 on ‎08-25-2012 08:43 AM

Let me add my voice to the chorus:

Please add beIN sports 1 & 2 HD to Fios

by LosBeltran4 on ‎08-25-2012 09:56 AM

COMCAST JUST ADDED BeIN TV SPORTS!!!!!!!!! WE NEED TO HAVE THIS FOR VERIZON FIOS AS WELL!!!!!!! DO NOT MAKE ME SWITCH TO COMCAST, I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING GREAT ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THEM AND NOW THEY HAVE BeIN TV SPORTS??? One of my main reasons for getting Verizon was the great Soccer coverage from La Liga and Seria A, now I can't watch any of that.

by Nicochico on ‎08-25-2012 10:35 AM

Fios still does NOT HAVE GOL TV HD!!  NO GOL TV HD and it is hard to imagine they will pick up BeIN. At the end of the day it is all about making money and they truly don't care about their customers.

They will talk a big talk but no action has been taken. Anytime I call and ask about adding channels no one can ever answer. Then who takes care of these issues? The big guns who sit in an office who don't care about soccer? They look at the bottom numbers, they don't care that 30% of their customers are hispanic and enjoy soccer. If it does not make sense for them to pick up the channel they wont.

I am now looking to switch to Direct TV, they have GOL TV HD and BeIN. Some pretty good prices too and I don't get penalized by switching out of my bundle package if I only cancel my cable subscription.

by JC_17 on ‎08-25-2012 11:06 AM

i just left Comcast for Fios on the spring. Comcasts lack of HD soccer channels(no FS+ as well) and refusal to assist  in getting a bundle that suits me with all movies and  sports under 300$ is what drove me away.

With La liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and USMNT now on Bein sports 1 & 2, gol TV is WORTHLESS. Verizon please listen to your customers who are demanding BeIN 1 and 2 in HD. WE DEMAND IT!!!!!!!!

by Lsam on ‎08-25-2012 12:00 PM

We are missing games because of VERIZON! Wake up corporate robots!

by Andi9pop on ‎08-25-2012 05:20 PM

Please add beIN Sport 1 USA ASAP to your line up as I have to switch to Directv otherwise.

by DFW1 on ‎08-25-2012 05:47 PM

Verizon has now demonstrated what an inept and pathetic TV service provider it really is.  DirectTV, Dish Network, and now COMCAST are offering beIN SPORT to allow its viewers to watch La Liga while Verizon chooses to leave its customers out in the cold.  Why is Verizon the only supposedly leading service provider incapable of providing this channel?

by mickal on ‎08-25-2012 05:59 PM

I'd suggest that all FIOS customers, who want the BeIN sport network, to call Verizon FIOS and request that the channel be added to the lineup. Otherwise, Verizon would not move an inch.. Please one should ask another to call...

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools