Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
RHumphries

Pricing

by RHumphries on ‎05-30-2011 04:57 AM

Other than I get the make money concept, why doesn't Verizon make smaller TV. packages at a lesser price for those who watch very little TV.? Why can't they make a specialized senior citizen package where they can get their basic local channels plus an additional choice of say 15 or 20 channels that they can add to that for about half the cost of what they are paying for the basic service Verizon offers? My wife and I probably only watch a dozen channels outside of the basic local channels and yet we receive how many hundreds of channels. We don't watch any sports channels, music channels, movie channels, so why pay for all of that for nothing? Perhaps what Verizon could make on two customers living side by side paying what one would pay, they might even pick up more business from those who refuse to pay what Verizon wants for the basic service. A smaller bundle where people could pick and choose might just give Verizon a market place for those who are not using their service. Anyone else like to chime in?

Valid point.
Comments
by Employee on ‎06-02-2011 03:44 AM
Status changed to: Under Review
Valid point.
by ginnylin44 on ‎06-23-2011 10:52 AM

This idea has been presented several times and I think they are considering some smaller bundles at some point, either A-La-Carte or something similar.  Let's hope soon because my bill is high and I did not realize that the $99 advertised would end up costing $180.  It is the price for the lowest bundle, no HD, and one box, plus internet and phone.  I had DISH at $89, and then $129 or so for Verizon phone service and internet, so I thought I would be saving money by combining everything...

by ginnylin44 on ‎06-23-2011 10:56 AM

I meant the $99 price is for the lowest bundle, no HD and one box, not mine.  I have 1 DVR HD box, 1 HD box and Ultimate programming which was $159 last month and then $180 this month? This bill baffles me.  I haven't ordered anything on  On Demand at all.

by Piperswoods on ‎02-01-2012 05:51 AM

I dread the day I have to go shopping in May for a FIOS like package that I can afford. Why are all the "two yr. new contract deals" for new customers only, when I and many of my "Senior Citizen" neighbors were the first to support FIOS tv, internet, and phone. Limited internet speed, basic tv, and a phone for emergency and friends...bare bones! Bare pockets for many of us on limited incomes who cannot keep on paying the bills that go up and up! Come on and reward the core customers who are beyond the initial contracts and offer Senior Citizen Discounts like every other business does?

by rockbud95 on ‎12-09-2013 06:48 AM

better phone and internet options for seniors....$93.25 is way too high.

by rockbud95 on ‎12-09-2013 05:15 PM

my comment for senior discount is actually posted by me, the daughter of a verizon customer.  my mother is 82 years old and received the $300 VISA , triple play FIOS TV Phone and Internet deal.  prior to FIOS, she had direct tv, a 'regular' phone and dsl hook up.  her phone monthly was $35-$40 and i paid for dsl 29.00 for her to have internet so she could enjoy NETFLIX on her Wii.  well she thought the triple play was a good deal.  we had it installed last thursday.  it took 2 days to install because the equipment to activate 'was down'.  first sign of trouble.  after 2 days of finally getting it set up, on day 2, her phone cut out twice. on day 3, 2 TVs lost signals...the main HD TV was out all day.  her bedroom TV, out for about an hour.

the 2 boxes for tv in bedroom and kitchen had NO guide....like we are supposed to either keep a piece of paper with chanels on it or have the 125+ or whatever package you have memorized?

her HD tv box guide was very complicated..even for me..i know it was new but just too much.  she was upset for the 4 days this was going on and her anxiety level was thru the roof....elderly people take everything very seriously and get upset easily.....so since we had 30 days to decide, we were ready to cancel.  we called to cancel FIOS on sunday and they are closed!  we called direct tv to reinstall on sunday and there were there within 2 hours. so she is back with direct tv.

since my mother's phone was now upgraded to fiber optics, we could not simply change her phone back to what it was AND dsl is useless.  for her to get new fiber optic FIOS phone and internet would now cost her 94.00.  REALLY...a senior citizen on very limited income....now she is sucked into FIOS and we can only get her phone and no internet which means she cannot watch Netflix at this time....very disappointed with the whole reel people in bundle packages.  it doesn't seem right or fair that to have phone and internet it is so costly whether for seniors or just anyone who simply wants phone and internet..... there is a double play package for phone and internet for $55 BUT that is only for dsl and regular phone!!!!  it doesnt make sense...you are updating everyone to fiber optics and giving offers on phone and internet for what seems to be obsolete equipment.  as far as all of the people i have had to call and the tech that installed the FIOS i had no issues and everyone was kind and sympathetic to my mother's issues.  i had no problems cancelling the TV and internet..but would have preferred to let my mother have internet but we cannot afford it at this time.

there are alot of baby boomers buying their parents i-pads/laptops to keep in touch, to skype, etc. but how does verizon expect seniors to afford internet services.....

please verizon....reconsider better double bundle phone and internet deals for all of us..

thank you

by tift on ‎01-06-2014 03:55 PM

I agree with all these comments however the prices should be for all customers I too have been with Verizon forever! 25+ years 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools