Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
transon

Provide current loyal customers with access to the latest equipment, not just new customers

by transon on ‎01-29-2011 12:46 PM - last edited on ‎01-29-2011 01:30 PM by Moderator

My DVR is the old 80GB model. The new 500GB model has been available to "new" customers for some time now. Current customers can only get on a "someday" waiting list. Full story below. Incidentally, this is the worst treatment I get from any service I pay for from any vendor. If I could get fiber from anyone else, I'd dump Verizon.

To be precise only new DVR customers had a chance to get a 500GB (new to FiOS or not was not the criteria). New customers were just as likely as existing customers to get the 500 GB DVR or the previous model. If an existing customer orders a new DVR (i.e. another one or their first one) then they are just as likely as a new customer to get or not get the 500GB DVR. Swapping an existing DVR for a new one required us to build code to manage the processes involved in moving boxes all over the place, it was not a slight to existing / loyal customers. And we needed to know about how many folks would swap (hence the registration), so we can buy enough new units to satisfy the demand. Now you can request an upgrade.
Comments
by danieljbell on ‎01-30-2011 08:11 AM

I agree and am QUITE **bleep** off. It took years for there to be competition against the Cable company Monopolies. (Cablevision & COMCAST, et al))  and I jumped ship into FIOS the day it was available in my town. Now I call FIOS once a week regarding the newest DVR and continually get different answers, but most agree on one thing: ONLY NEW customers get the latest DVR. The customers who have been paying $thousands of dollars per year, for years, for your services are being treated like crap. As soon as there is another option, I will drop verizon like a HOT-ROCK. Most of FIOS's Customer Service offices are closed on weekends and I'm sick of the constant increases in cost. Getting through to a live operator is very difficult.

I get weekly & monthly calls & visits from CABLEVISION who desperately want my business back. They are willing to make LARGE financial concessions to do so. Also, the ONLY reason I allowed FIOS into my house was because they LIED to me and said exactly want I wanted to hear; that was 5 years ago. They ASSURED me that HOWARD TV would become part of their line-up, (HOWARD STERN's TV Show) I have gone now for over 4+ years without it.

This DVR crap may be the LAST STRAW. I'm seriously considering going back to CABLEVISION, at least until FIOS gets there head out of their arses and TREATS THEIR CURRENT & LOYAL customer right, before they worry about wooing the new customers & making them happy. You may be able to draw new customers into your web by treating them better than us, but when we're gone, you're SCREWED.

by on ‎01-31-2011 07:35 PM

I just ordered another Tivo. Joe keep your DVRs.

by Employee ‎02-02-2011 04:04 AM - edited ‎02-02-2011 04:10 AM
Status changed to: In Progress

Point of order. New customers may or may not get a 500GB DVR... this is our attempt to be as fair as possible to new and existing customers. A new customer is more likely to get a 160GB unit.  No one has the option to request a 500GB unit... 

Some existing customers have gotten a 500GB DVR when their has had an issue with the same likelihood of getting the big one as a new customer has...Some existing customers have gotten 500GB unit when ordering their first DVR or adding a new DVR to their home.

To your point we want to provide a way for our customers to get more storage, but have to put all sorts of stuff in place to swap equipment around... all in progress. 

It is not a "waiting" list... it is a list so we can figure out how many DVR upgrades we need to deal with from our existing customers... which by the way new customers have to sign up for just like existing ones if they don't get a 500GB unit.

by Employee on ‎02-02-2011 04:12 AM

Prisaz,

Assume Tivo didn't give that to you for free... over the next 3 years that will cost you $500+ for that purchase and when you want a new one... they definitely aren't going to give it to you for free (maybe a $100 discount)... but yet I don't see anyone all sorts of angry?

by sox1918 on ‎02-04-2011 07:36 AM

People swapping these boxes for upgrades at your stores are being told there's a $40 "upgrade fee"  Not really a great way to treat loyal customers

by on ‎02-04-2011 10:27 AM

Joe

$199 which you are right a new DVR I pay for and then $12.95 a month. I Just received a RMA for the Premier and it is going back. No anger here, but looking for the best posible solution to my viewing pleasure. I have found the new Premier is not so Premier if one must use the OLD SD version of their guide for parental controls to work. I have the Older Tivo HD and a Verizon DVR, like I said in my post, I like some things in both worlds. I should have done my homework. I was just hoping for something newer from Verizon around Cristmas for a new TV purchase I made. I do have a Verizon DVR and the HMDVR bundle I upgraded to at Cristmas time. I did upgrade all my STBs to the 7100 from the 2500. So I am not all that disapointed in Verizon and actually gave you Kudos in my 12 hour review of the newest Tivo hardware side by side with the Verizon DVR. 1.9 bring it on. Once it is ready.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/IMO-after-12hr-Tivo-Premier-Trial-Tivo-and...

by SCARFACE on ‎02-08-2011 09:36 PM

I pay $150 a month, which is $1800 a year if I want to get the 500 GB HD DVR I should be able to get it now.

by CH3 on ‎02-09-2011 04:10 AM

Where does one get on this list for the 500GB DVR?

by Employee on ‎02-15-2011 03:58 AM
Status changed to: Launched
To be precise only new DVR customers had a chance to get a 500GB (new to FiOS or not was not the criteria). New customers were just as likely as existing customers to get the 500 GB DVR or the previous model. If an existing customer orders a new DVR (i.e. another one or their first one) then they are just as likely as a new customer to get or not get the 500GB DVR. Swapping an existing DVR for a new one required us to build code to manage the processes involved in moving boxes all over the place, it was not a slight to existing / loyal customers. And we needed to know about how many folks would swap (hence the registration), so we can buy enough new units to satisfy the demand. Now you can request an upgrade.
by Employee on ‎02-15-2011 04:12 AM

sox1918 - if you have had your DVR for more than 3-4 years, then I have acknowledged elsewhere that we need to look into other options... but if you have had your DVR for less than 3 years, then I think the upgrade fee is fair to get more storage.  The business would go bankrupt if we had to swap out every piece of equipment each time we released a new model.  Assume you would not expect to be able to walk into a car dealership the next year after starting a lease and expect to get the new model swapped for your existing car for free?  Tivo dinged Prisaz for $200 to upgrade...    

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools