Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
fratus

Record on any DVR from any DVR

by fratus on ‎12-18-2011 12:29 PM

It would be nice to be able to record a show on any DVR from another DVR. I have a multi DVR setup in my house. While I can watch programs recorded on any DVR from any DVR, there are times where I cannot record on the DVR I'm currently watching TV because there are too many shows set to record. In that case, I should be able to set the recording on the second DVR but that is not an option. I have to physically go to the second DVR and set the recording, or use my Android phone, or through my PC, or go to my HD receiver. Yes, the feature is available on the HD receiver (non-DVR) so you would think the option should be available on the DVRs as well.

if there is a gap in the level of control we provide on a certain device we will look at that.
Comments
by on ‎12-18-2011 01:01 PM

This is already available with the new 1.9 guide. If it is not in your area yet it should be coming soon.

by jeffsti on ‎12-19-2011 08:17 AM

I've had image 1.9 since early spring and do not have the ability to perform this either. Kind of funny to have to use my cell phone app to program an upstairs DVR instead of just using the DVR menu itself.

jweiland11, are you saying you have 1.9 and can do this or you've heard it can be done with 1.9? I have two DVRs set up via multi-hub but one is the older 6400 series. Would that impact the ability to program one from the other?

by ILikeFIOS ‎12-20-2011 08:48 PM - edited ‎12-20-2011 08:49 PM

I have 1.9

You can set a recording from a regular STB, but not another DVR. 

When you set up a recording from a DVR it seems to do it ONLY on that local DVR.

Is there a hidden feature or option we are missing?

by Employee on ‎12-22-2011 10:31 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
if there is a gap in the level of control we provide on a certain device we will look at that.
by jbahlman on ‎01-01-2012 08:43 AM

Yes that is very frustrating that you either have to go upstairs to set it or to use your phone to set it.  

by on ‎01-08-2012 12:29 PM

Will we be able to tell one DVR to record on another DVR with img 1.9.1. I just picked up another DVR for multi hub, and since the DVR is my primary device this is very disappointing. Picked up second CHS 435 yesterday and may take it back this week. If I must go somewhere else to set a recording to another DVR, I think someone missed the boat on this. BIG TIME. Second Option is to use the standard HD STB as the primary viewing TV STB, but then give up all the pause and continue features. If a HD STB can define where to record, the DVR should be able to do it also.:smileymad:

by rich_lux on ‎02-15-2012 12:42 PM

I also just got a second DVR and this is a huge disapointment.  Why in the world would non-DVR boxes support this, but not DVR boxes.  It almost makes me want to go back to my non DVR box!

Rich

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools