Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
anotherlab

Redesign the Wi-Fi Access HotSpot Directory web page to be mobile friendly

by anotherlab on ‎03-09-2012 12:36 PM

The Wi-Fi Access HotSpot Directory at http://my.verizon.com/central/portlets/broadbandWiFi/hotSpotSearch.jsp is a great tool.  But it's horrible to use from a smart phone.  If you are out and looking for a wifi hotspot, the odds are you will be looking for it from a phone wth mobile Internet.  If you view that page from an Android phone, it's sized as if it were accessed from a desktop browser.  It's not hard to design a web app to render nicely in a mobile browser, especially for this app.  It's pretty basic.  With the current crop of mobile browsers, you can get the user's location.  Make it simple, show me the hotspots close to my location.

Or do a simple Android/iOS app that does this.  If you have an API for your hotspot locator, I'll write the thing myself.

thanks!

Comments
by Moderator on ‎03-09-2012 03:26 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Cyrus on ‎09-27-2012 11:03 AM

I live in Bergenfield, NJ 07621. There is no  Wi-Fi Access HotSpot. I switched from optimum to verizon and I lost all many hotspots with optimum. I might switch back to optimum.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools