Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
jmcohen23

Remote Control Enhancement

by on ‎08-10-2010 04:56 AM

I believe I mentioned this in a post awhile ago, but try rolling out a new remote control - perhaps one with a touch screen or scroll button that allows the user see the channel logo on the remote first.

if not, a temporary enhancement would be to have a remote control where the numbers illuminate.  entering a channel number in the dark can be hit or miss.

currently, the VZ remote has the exact same look and feel as the Comcast remote.  introducing a new deisgn would separate VZ from Comcast (similar to Coca-Cola's bottle design).  furthermore, having a touchscreen remote (perhaps as an optional upgrade for a one-time fee, or include it only with a MMDVR) would probably enduce many customers to switch to VZ.

An increasing number of you already have a "touch screen remote" in your possession - a smart phone. If you have a RIM, Android or iOS smartphone... go download the FiOS Remote app that does everything you described here and more.
Comments
by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-11-2010 01:02 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎08-12-2010 06:41 AM

I agree, With touch screen remote that had a drop down keyboard would do wonders for your widgets. Or a remote that had a slide out keyboard would kick the competition and make anything text based rule. The search and other features are so annoying. Perhaps roll it out with the new DVR. My Tivo contract is up next month. It has been a year and I m still waiting for something better.

by Employee on ‎08-16-2010 02:27 PM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
Currently, we do not have any plans for investing in our remote.
by Employee on ‎10-06-2010 12:29 PM
Status changed to: Already Exists
An increasing number of you already have a "touch screen remote" in your possession - a smart phone. If you have a RIM, Android or iOS smartphone... go download the FiOS Remote app that does everything you described here and more.
by Durgz on ‎02-03-2011 08:07 AM

I liked my TIVO remote beacuse the whole thing lit up but also because i could use it with out looking at it. It also had a dedicated tv pwr button. I hate that i have to hit "tv" to turn my tv off. why would i turn off my stb? just make the power button turn the tv off. Lastly my kitchen stb is in line with my living room stb. So, it is very hard not to control both at the same time.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools