Customers With Disabilities
imckinne

Resolve DVR Scheduling Conflicts

by imckinne on ‎10-10-2010 04:37 PM

Just switched from Direct TV and have 30 days to decide if I'm keeping FIOS or not.  We were lucky to get one of the new, extremely large capacity  DVRs; however, I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of conflict resolution.  The only option I've found so far is to start a new search to find the other time that particular episode is showing, schedule to record that, and then delete the showing in conflict.  SInce I've been through a variety of ways that Direct Tv has managed this situation over the years with Direct TV, I know there are lots of ways to do this.  Please...is there something in the works and, if so, when might it be available.

Comments
by on ‎10-10-2010 09:50 PM

How does DirecTV resolve it?  Also, how much capacity does your box have?  I heard there were new boxes, but they were going to have the ability to be hooked up to an external hard drive, not have a bigger capacity themselves.  

by imckinne on ‎10-11-2010 03:58 AM

The most recent way Direct TV was resolving was to show the conflict, you could click on that showing, then on other episodes, easily see the titles of the shows and when you chose an alternate showing it would cancel the conflicting one automatically.  Previously, the system would just schedule the alternate showing so the issue was just to have your shows propely prioritized.

The new box we were given has huge capacity.  From what I can tell - 300 hours standard and 100 hours in HD.

by Employee on ‎10-11-2010 04:19 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by on ‎10-11-2010 08:29 AM

Wow. Do you know the model #?  I'd like to call up and get one.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools