Customers With Disabilities
MABama

SEC Network launches in August 2014

by MABama on ‎05-15-2013 02:30 PM

The SEC athletic conference and ESPN announced a 20-year agreement to carry a new television network and digital platform called the “SEC Network.”  The formal name is the “SEC ESPN Network.”  The Network will offer SEC sports and sports-related studio programming 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  More than 1,000 live events will be available in the first full year across the television Network and its digital extensions.  This will include approximately 45 football games, more than 100 men’s basketball games, 60 women’s basketball games and events from across all 21 SEC-sponsored sports.

I would like to see Verizon FIOS carry the SEC Network in all markets. 

Wow! That is a lot of Sports. I was not aware of this one, but I am sure the team over at FiOS Programming will have the latest info. I will pass this on to them. Way to get your request in before 2014. Thanks for using Idea Exchange.
Comments
by uaphan on ‎05-15-2013 02:59 PM

Let's get behind this 100%!! The SEC is the strongest conference in America, and has a nationwide fanbase. I want Verizon FIOS to carry this channel from it's initial launch in August of 2014. 

Please Verizon this channel is a MUST have for all college sports fans!!

by jagger01 on ‎05-15-2013 03:05 PM

I'm a huge verizon fios fan but a bigger SEC fan... I hope Verizon makes the right choice our i will have to find other options.

by on ‎05-16-2013 05:29 AM

Let's hope that Verizon doesn't "screw this new network up" like it has the PAC 12 ! WE have to have the SEC network for fall football!

"ROLL TIDE"!

by PELOS on ‎05-16-2013 05:59 PM
I was informed it would be a DirecTV exclusive... :smileysad:
by Admin Emeritus on ‎05-17-2013 08:04 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Wow! That is a lot of Sports. I was not aware of this one, but I am sure the team over at FiOS Programming will have the latest info. I will pass this on to them. Way to get your request in before 2014. Thanks for using Idea Exchange.
by Silver Contributor III on ‎05-17-2013 10:35 AM

Wish we could vote against ideas. I don't have anything against the SEC.

I don't want more regional sports networks (college or pro) to be part of the nationwide network.

I do understand that there are lots of people all over the country that like sports from another area. But given a limited number of slots, I don't want them filled up with sports from all over the country. When MPEG4 becomes more mainstrean and it frees up channels, maybe.

Also would like them all put in a sports package with an additional fee.

by wjsa2013 on ‎05-17-2013 01:54 PM

Don't hold your breath on Verizon getting SEC Network in 2014.  I enjoy Verizon's service a lot. The abundance of HD channels are great and the internet speed is awesome!  However, I'm disappointed that they have not added the PAC 12 Network.  Prior to adding Verizon, I was with Time Warner Cable.  While TWC does not have the quality of Verizon, they do have the PAC 12 Network.   If Verizon has not added the PAC 12 Network by now, I would not be surprised if they don't add the SEC Network in future.  On the west coast we have the Longhorn Network (University of Texas) and the BIG Ten Network (Midwest) and no PAC 12 Network.  Doesn't make a lot of sense.     

by Mayhem5220 on ‎06-13-2013 12:22 PM

AT&T U-verse has already signed on... 

I would hate to have to switch if Verizon didn't pick it up.  :smileywink:

by Ike1 on ‎06-22-2013 11:18 AM
I agree with CRobGauth above -- I want to vote AGAINST this idea. ESPN's suite of channels are VERY expensive and are the #1 cause of higher TV bills. I do NOT want this added to Extreme HD because I do NOT want the very high costs of this channel passed on to me. If you MUST have it, put it in a separate Sports package or make it a la carte or something, but don't make me pay for it! (I don't want regular ESPN itself either, but the "Select HD" package is insufficient as it doesn't have Comedy Central.)
by tombuktu on ‎08-21-2013 12:38 PM

If Verizon FIOS doesn't add the SEC Network in time for the 2014 football season it will be the last straw for me.  I have had to put up with having the LHN on my programming lineup which was annoying but not enough to make me want to switch providers.  However, if I continue to get LHN but don't also get the SEC Network it will be time for me to switch.  The Texas A&M vs South Carolina game will be broadcast on the new SEC Network and it is a can't miss game for me.  Missing that game would make me leave and never come back.  Just saying.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools