• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
TivoLover

STB Sleep mode - TURN IT OFF - Tivo users Unite

by TivoLover on ‎03-03-2012 10:38 AM

The STBs constantly go into a sleep mode. The only way to get it back is to hit the FIOS button. That is difficult if you are trying to record shows with your Tivo Series 2. There is no way to turn off the sleep mode.

Please let us turn it off. You have a nice DVR, but it really doesn't compete with the Tivo. 

Verizon, give it a test drive. I'm sure you will agree. Tivo is the best. If you'd like, you can swap out your current DVR box for the Tivo.

Thank you!

Comments
by Silver Contributor III on ‎03-04-2012 05:45 AM

Not sure what you mean by sleep mode. I leave my STBs on most of the time. Just turn the tv off and on. WHenever I come backk and turn TV on, the STB is up and playing? What else do you want it to do?

by MVP Hubrisnxs ‎03-16-2012 10:59 AM - edited ‎03-16-2012 11:00 AM

we've talked about this before on the boards.  There are fixes for it. I believe the original solutions came from the TIVO Forums/message boards, but I Was able to find them pretty easily here.

Solution1: Tivo users have reported that this problem is resolved by Changing from Serial to IR cable.

OR

Solution2: TiVO users have not deselected the High Definition channels from their TiVO channel list AND have TiVO suggestions turned on.

Go to:

1. Tivo Central

Messages & Settings

Settings

Channels

Channel List

...Page down and deselect each HD channel

• TiVO users may also want to deselect channels that are not on their cable line-up

2. Messages & Settings

Settings

Recording

Tivo Suggestions...change to No

We've helped out tivo users with this issue before, the first solution seems to be the popular fix.
by Moderator on ‎07-11-2012 05:26 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools