Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
jb1

Say NO Permanently to Adobe Flash

by jb1 on ‎12-15-2011 10:02 AM

I do not know if this forum is correct because every submission is for TV and related. It is like there is no other Verizon but the TV station Verizon.

My complaint is that SO MANY news stories I click on are NOT really news stories but videos.  Repeatedly I am asked

Flash is required to view this content. Please install the Adobe Flash Player

I WILL NEVER install Adobe Flash. There are SO MANY problems with it and with its security holes.  So, why not allow me to chech a box, NEVER ask me this question again.  The answer is ALWAYS going to be NO!!!!!!!!!! 

Even if I did click YES, I am at work.  The IT department (Information Technology) automatically blocks all loading of software, and BESIDES, automatically blocks all Flash from coming into the company because it is SO DANGEROUS.

SO, just stop driving me crazy with that hated Flash demand to install Flash.

Comments
by on ‎12-15-2011 11:19 AM

Why don't you just stop clicking on the video link.  Get your news from another site.  I, personally like Verizon videos and have never had a problem with the flash player.

by on ‎12-16-2011 05:01 AM

The request to install is not from the Verizon but from your browser since it has tried to run flash and found it missing.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools