Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
chipchristian

Self-support for Remote DVR

by chipchristian on ‎04-11-2012 04:53 AM - last edited on ‎04-13-2012 06:02 PM by Moderator

Periodically Remote DVR via the web stops working for me.  Rebooting the router and DVR do not fix it and I have to get support involved.  It would be nice if there was something I could do by myself to fix this situation.

Comments
by MVP Hubrisnxs on ‎04-15-2012 02:22 PM

the caller ID on tv service has a similiar feature, this would be a great addition!

by orestecarmen on ‎04-18-2012 07:57 PM

They have a self support  on line you can down low it does all for you check it out

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:18 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎09-22-2012 05:51 PM

I agree 1,000,000%. I have been fighting this for years. Why can't the DVR in home agent fix the ports forwarding entry, and the web like it does for the CID feature? I know it would cut down on many support calls.

MOST if not 90% of the support techs can not fix this issue. The ones that are smart enough get promoted.

In regards to the downloadable in home agent that orestecarmen refers to, I don't think it cuts Perhaps I will try it again and it may have improved.

by ‎09-24-2012 07:47 PM - edited ‎09-24-2012 07:56 PM

Well they fixed my account again so the web site knows I should have a DVR. Then I wen't through the process of resetting, my router and rebooting my DVR. Cisco diags now show the box has 192.168.1.100 and the MCARD in the box has 192.168.1.101. The router shows the 192.168.1.100 Active Remote Enabled, and 192.168.1.101 shows Active. So the tech that left the instuctions on my voice mail was correct. The DVR must have had the wrong IP addresses, and or the router had the wrong addresses for the port forwarding. I was told if the above feature did not work, go into settings and disable remote DVR, and the Re Enable it. Then wait a few hours.

#1 Issue I have has is when the VerizonTVCentral does not think I have a DVR or remote DVR feature.:smileymad:

#2 IP Addresses do not match the port forwards in the Router.:smileyfrustrated:

#3 Please fix this so the DVR and Router knows where each other are.:smileysurprised:

#4 I would say at least the feature of the CID that fixes the port forwarding. But that would be difficult if you are not at home and it makes the process almost pointles. Other than perhaps it will work next time.:smileyindifferent:

#5 In Progress. Add your vote here also. I am surprised it did not get flaged as a duplicate.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Make-the-reset-of-the-DVR-acutally-re-ena...

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools