Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
scotmansr

Senior/Low Income Discount

by scotmansr on ‎12-13-2010 10:32 AM

This may not be a new question but here goes. Recently we tried to take advantage of a Triple Play Package on line priced at $74.99 for one year. We asked of the price after the introductory one year agreement and it jumped to over $105. Now being retired on a fixed income we do not see income increasing . So now we're stuck with slow internet speed and only 60 chanells on tv.  What's the story?

This is an account specific issue, so I recommend you contact Verizon directly. Here are links with all means to contact Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/. The Chat link will load after the page is fully loaded.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎12-15-2010 09:40 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
This is an account specific issue, so I recommend you contact Verizon directly. Here are links with all means to contact Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/. The Chat link will load after the page is fully loaded.
by cawall on ‎10-03-2012 01:14 PM

I am becoming increasingly alarmed about the amount of customers I hear about leaving Verizon and the comments that Verizon does not seem to care.

I live in a master planned 55+ community with currently over 1000 homes with new homes under construction.  I believe the final total is 1600 when complete.  The community was pre planned for FIOS.  Numerous homeowners on my street have left FIOS and have gone to Time Warner because they say Verizon keeps raising the rates and doesn't care.  I am also hearing that it is happening all over the community.  Time Warner just opened up shop locally and is courting the seniors away from Verizon.

I know that Verizon FIOS is expensive when compared with other products.  I am fortunate that I am a Verizon retiree on a discounted plan.  That is why it concerns me so much to hear this.  Why would you continually increase already high rates?  Why not offer a senior discounted option?  Why does the community adamantly feel  that Verizon does not care about it's customer?

by SeniorCitizen2 on ‎03-04-2013 12:22 PM

no discount, less (or no) business

by alicecbrown on ‎03-24-2013 11:38 AM

There are many Senior Citizens struggling to get by on a fixed income.  They have seen the Verizon rates continue to escalate while their income does not.  To keep these folks as customers, I suggest a discount be given them based on how many years, they have been Verizon customers.  I can't afford $150/mo for landline, Internet and cell phone.  I will have to go to Hapy Jack or Comcast to get telephone service I can afford.

And threatening to jump my Internet charge if I should have to drop my landline is just blackmail.  Verizon does not garner cood customer relations by doing such.

by on ‎07-12-2013 08:51 AM

With so many other markets offering 'senior discounts' in some form

or another, perhaps a discount, say on premium channels or movies

could be a good idea.

It could be a win-win situation, for instance a son

or daughter while visiting sees a channel that they don't have and decides

to order it. Food for thought...

by rhondamorin on ‎08-30-2013 04:19 PM - last edited on ‎08-30-2013 05:15 PM by Moderator

As of August 30, 2013 my sister in law who is paying the bills for my mother in law says they changed the services to a discounted plan for seniors.   but I guess you have to call in to get the senior discount.

You can't use the chat online button as was suggested according to Hayden who I chatted with online. There are NO senior discount plans ONLINE or when you call into the 800#. 

by IrishBill on ‎06-01-2014 02:08 PM

Live in a senior apartment complex where Verizon has the wiring for the building. When I moved in I wanted high speed Internet. Since I had a good cell phone plan I asked for a Dry Loop connection or naked DSL as other companies have. Told Verizon was not doing that anymore...loses money. To get my Internet I had to have a landline. Since a cell phone is important for senior for security and independences issues, I asked if I could get a Verizon cell phone instead of the landline. Nix on that too. So my only choice was a landline + the Internet I wanted and then a separate cellphone package. Not on a senior budget so I use a pay as you go cell only for emergencies. in May 2012 my bill was $58.72. In May 2014 it was $76.37 -- same bundle + the expensive "surcharges and taxes" which means a 23.12% increase over two years. The Social Security COLA increase for those same two years.....3.2%. Received email this week - broadband going up an additional $3.00 which means taxes and surcharges will go up to. Result=the % increase jumps just under 30%. My question: how is a senior citizen supposed to keep up. Yet, as all the announcements keep saying--we value your business. Really?????

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools