Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Room235

Spam filter needs work

by Room235 on ‎04-28-2012 09:10 AM

Verizon needs to work on its spam filters.  I have done all that I can with the settings provided; however, I still get a lot of spam in my inbox.  Verizon, please follow the Yahoo! model. On my Yahoo! account,  I get no spam in my inbox; it is all filtered into the spam folder.  Does anyone else have the same problem?

Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎04-28-2012 09:35 AM

Nope. To start with, I get only about 1 - 4 SPAM message a day, and it catches just about 100% of them (for a while several years ago I used to get 40 - 50 SPAM messages a day that it would catch, for some reason they just stopped, same email address). It also occasionally catches legitimate emails, maybe 1 or 2 a week. But I find it works really, really well for me.

by on ‎06-05-2012 10:31 PM

just fyi people you can block or filter extenisions like .in or .info this will get spam under control

by on ‎06-19-2012 05:29 AM - last edited on ‎07-17-2012 05:00 AM by Moderator

laughing@the spam team { please keep your posts courteous}

by Moderator on ‎06-25-2012 02:38 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by emteek on ‎12-19-2012 08:11 AM

manage spam like other providers such as gmail

by on ‎12-19-2012 03:21 PM

We have no problem with spam.  Don't get any!!!

by 1776 on ‎01-27-2013 10:11 AM

At my previous provider I NEVER received spam emails because the spam blocker stopped everything unless I placed them on my approved sender list. All other addresses showed in a separate email sent to me once a week. I could mark them as spam right there and never be bothered again. Verizon appears to want me to place addresses on a blocked list to not get them. Since email addresses are virtually unlimited.....

Verizon needs to have a feature like above.

by jdjeff318 ‎01-31-2013 12:27 PM - edited ‎01-31-2013 12:31 PM

YES!  I have the exact same issue.  I have been a verizon online customer since 2002.  I have NEVER had issues with spam 'leaking' into my inbox.  However, the spamming has ramped up to undeniably pathetic proportions in 2012.  Possibly because of some account I set up elsewhere on the internet?  Maybe so.  But this does not make that an excuse for every single spam going into my inbox.  I have jumpred through all the hoops that verizon has suggested.  All the way up to and including changing my password.  This problem lies on the server and I'm absolutely convinced of it.

What aggravates me the most out of all this is just what the OP said.  My Gmail account (free), My Yahoo account (free) have spam filtering techniques that pretty much insure that none of the crap will make it to my inbox.  I get no, zero, zilch, nada spam in gmail...not to the inbox or spam folder.  Seems like a pretty efficient system seeing I'm synced up with my (practically naked to the world) Android.  Yahoo is extremely efficient that it recognizes potential spam and throws it right in the spam folder.  If it even looks like spam it goes straight to the spam folder.  I don't have to play little filtering games an come up with clever blocking techniques and it's a FREE SERVICE.

There is something amiss on the verizon email server.  My suspicions are that it is actually originating from the server itself.  And yet everytime I call verizon about this issue, they want to walk me through my email settings, then tell me to use the 'spamnotcaught' email address.  I have open 2 tickets to escalate this and I keep getting messages and phone calls that it has been resolved.  The fact of the matter is that verizon is not doing ANYTHING about the situation.  I truly believe they are perpetuating the problem, on purpose.  They play very dumb when bringing this to their attention.  And it can only beg to question the possibility that they are in on the whole thing.

There is nothing even questionable about these emails.  They are all in the same format with HTML coded ads and a million words of garbled text hidden in the body of the message.  They KNOW what's going on AND how to fix it.  So the question should really be, WHY DON'T THEY FIX IT?!  That appears to be the real issue.

by on ‎04-08-2013 10:26 PM

winner winner verizon spam dinner

by xxxzzz on ‎09-15-2013 02:49 PM

Get rid of that annoying robot that answers the phone and stop designating my outgoing email as spam.  I HAVE NEVER SENT OUT SPAM.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools